Second Skin Audio

ZV3 15 box help

Kraken

2 hours ago, CleanSierra said:

33-35 Hz is where I prefer to tune most of my enclosures for the music I listen to. It's a pretty good all around tune that is versatile to many different music types, minus the heavily modded stuff.

Do you think I should tune higher/lower based on my port area? I'm going to shoot for ~50sq inches. If it ends up being a little larger, should I tune a little bit higher? Or would there be any real noticeable difference

Alpine cde143bt/ Alpine ktp445u (4x45 amp)

2 Crescendo STS 1 (on alpine 4x45 on 2 channel mode)

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5's in front doors (Skar RP150.4)

1 Sundown zv3 12, SAE1500D.

Box is 2.5 cubes tuned to 30hz.

On your power, I'm not sure I'd run 4.00 cubes. Maybe 3.5. Anywhere between 50-65" of port should work. For cone control, I'd stay a little lower on enclosure net volume. You can get away with a bit less per the lower you tune, so something to consider. It sounds to me like you're gathering a pretty good plan. 

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

15 hours ago, CleanSierra said:

On your power, I'm not sure I'd run 4.00 cubes. Maybe 3.5. Anywhere between 50-65" of port should work. For cone control, I'd stay a little lower on enclosure net volume. You can get away with a bit less per the lower you tune, so something to consider. It sounds to me like you're gathering a pretty good plan. 

With a port that large, and net volume so small, how would I make all that fit? Is an aeroport still an option? I could have it sticking out of the box some. 

16 minutes ago, Kraken said:

With a port that large, and net volume so small, how would I make all that fit? Is an aeroport still an option? I could have it sticking out of the box some. 

Let's say... 3.75ft3 net with 63in2 of port tuned to 34hz for instance.... I dont see a problem designing something like that.

Pretty standard IMO

An 8" aero is gonna be a bit of a squeeze and for 3-3.5K might not be enough but is better suited for a bit less power

Any idea of the actual dimensions you've got to work with?

31 minutes ago, shredder2 said:

Let's say... 3.75ft3 net with 63in2 of port tuned to 34hz for instance.... I dont see a problem designing something like that.

Pretty standard IMO

An 8" aero is gonna be a bit of a squeeze and for 3-3.5K might not be enough but is better suited for a bit less power

Any idea of the actual dimensions you've got to work with?

I dont know the exact dimensions, but it will be a large trunk area so size isnt very limited (a yukon denali xl or suburban). The box I have is about 3.85 cubes with the sub in it but no port, so I can cut out the existing port size and throw an 8 or 10 inch areo in there, and just have some of the port sticking out.

54 minutes ago, shredder2 said:

I just whipped this up...

uZa1AF.jpg

See... no problem with the added port area and smallish volume.

I do like that. Ive never done much with sub/subs in a trunk of an suv. is the sub up/port back the way to go? looks like that box could also be built with the sub and port on the same side, is there any way that generally tops the rest?

Subs up, port back is the loudest setup in that particular SUV, yes. Since you're basically unlimited on space is easy to get the right amount of port length dinner the box just grows to compensate the port size. Your net volume and port area and tuning are easy to hit when you have as much space as you do in a Suburban/Yukon XL

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

58 minutes ago, CleanSierra said:

Subs up, port back is the loudest setup in that particular SUV, yes. Since you're basically unlimited on space is easy to get the right amount of port length dinner the box just grows to compensate the port size. Your net volume and port area and tuning are easy to hit when you have as much space as you do in a Suburban/Yukon XL

Do you think its possible to get 3.5 cubes net with a 8 or 10 inch aeroport tuned to 34-36hz? I dont care about the port coming out of the box some.

Archived