Second Skin Audio

need help guys.

PLCSOUNDS

hows it going ? im a old school bass head ive had bass for many years and built many boxes.

i have alot going on right now,i have two rides,a 2013 WRX hatch with two SA 12's and im replacing them with

two XV.2 12's i will be ordering them tomorrow.that box has a 6 inch aero tuned to 30 hz.

my other ride is a old truck,ive had it for 18 yrs.its a 1995 gmc Z71 single cab,with 9 inches of lift and i put a crate engine in it with a huge cam.sound deadened the floors double.sprayed under coating under the entire cab 4 times.

both rides have a pioneer DEH 80 -PRS running active,stereo integrity tweeters on pillars.

the truck has and if youve never had them omg you should get some,it has 8 inch mid bass speakers,

i made the entire bottom of the door a sealed enclosure and it sounds awesome

i just made a fiberglass display to house a audio spectrum,big d has a video on his channel,its cool and im incorporating a volt meter into it as well.

the help i need,and this sucks,i can build enclosures for 12.s and 15 all day long but these damn single cab trucks are a bitch.i have two SA 8V3 D4'S and i had bucket seats but bought a bench seat for more room.

heres the problem,my stupid computer is a mac mini that needs updated to el capitan and when i do this it lags like a bitch,so i went back months ago,now i cant even buy itunes music,i cant down load anything AT ALL so no calculators.the one i can use is RE AUDIO and im hearing mixed feelings about it..

i built a box the other day and it sounded great but too big,it was a rectangle,so im going for a wedge.i kinda like the wedge 2 so i dont know.i can figure out everything but need help with port because the port needs to go on the drives side B pillar aimed.

outer dia. of wedge 1.

h 15

w34 or a little more if needed but dont think so

top depth 5

bottom depth 9

tuned to 35 hz.

the REAUDIO is for (( L )) shaped ports which would put a 'long' 1 inch port on the front

i dont think it would sound good.

does anyone have experience with a wedge 2

it would be something similar but it has two heights

h1 15

h2 4

d1 9 

d2 5

w 34

this would give it alot more vol.1.59 before any disp.

do you guys know which would be better of the two ? probably nothing to be heard huh ? lol

anyways i have alot of pictures of my stuff ive built

but i hate cell phones and ive never even downloaded a single app haha

so i have a ton of pics on my  phone but need to figure out how to transfer to my mac O S X 10.7.5

and if your still reading is there anyone that lives north of houston,like around montgomery county

i have 5 acres of country,a two car garage that i build shit in until 2 am or when ever,im talking table saws

and what ever needs to be done and even tuning the shit close to 2 am.theres nobody around

i can bust out the AR or my 10 mm if i wanted to but why waste ammo.

anyways hope this is a better forum with cool dudes and not like the last stuck up forum haha,sorry i wrote a novel but i hate when people leave out info.

sorry guys this is what happens when i take my sleeping meds and get online instead of in bed,i write a novel,well i cant even share pictures with you ,i have to down load something so i can take my pics from my phone a galaxy S2 samsung to my computer a out dated mac

fiberglas work turned out awesome for my audio spectrum.in a few days i want to start on my box i have wood and everything just need a port size for one of the wedge shaped enclosures.which ever is best.

i have port size for a regular wedge but its a L shape firing forward and not to the side facing B pillar,which would sound better i think.

thanks.

• 2 months later...

sorry its been a while,the 34 width in a single cab truck is something that can always be changed,i ended up building the wedge and omg it sounds amazing.i installed a bigger amp too,i bought another DC audio 2.0k and had to make a small rack under the bench seat for it to fit nicely,it made a huge difference but,i cant crank it up because i still need another battery.

i have this amp in my car with two batteries and its pretty decent.i also put two X12's in my car but it was too heavy so i built a box for just one and it blows away two SA 12's tuned to 30 hz.i did a killer paint job on the enclosure,i need to upload about 200 pictures off my phone to my computer.then i can share.

is there anyone on here viewing this that lives in texas around north side houston ? i need someone to hang out with and build stuff,so if anyone reading this knows of someone please let me know.im bored and i dont hang out with my old crazy friends anymore.

thanks

Archived