Sonic Electronix

Hi guys,

I've done a couple systems for myself over the past 5 - 8 years but i've decided to build my next system a bit different. I always had a tonne of speakers, amps and my trunk filled till there isnt any room. I've seen some stealth systems that were ridiculously loud compared to the blaring visible systems. I would really like to build a system like this now mixing a bit of old school with the new.

The vehicle is a 2007 Honda Civic.

I'm thinking to use either 2 of the Sundown SA 8'' for the bass and a matching Sundown amp.

I dont want any speakers displaying so that means only the OEM locations,  front doors and rear dash.

At first I wanted to use coaxial speakers, two way or three way, but then I wondered if the subs would cover those. Considering my OEM locations are only going to allow me four 6.5' speakers I dont have much faith in them keeping up with the subs. A few recommendations were made to me such as Hybrid Audio, however I cant seem to justify spending $600.00 US on a pair of components/coaxial that i'm unsure how loud they will be. I would prefer spend that same amount on some pro audio speakers like RCF or B&C.

I want to get some nice depth in my mid range frequencies so I started researching using 6.5' B&C with a loaded compression driver. I always loved these HLCDs and never got to use them. I can hide a pair of these in my dash and use four 6.5' B&C. Since the ever famous Image Dynamics HLCD are no longer available i'm looking at the option of USD Audio HLCD. I'm hoping these should assist in my stealth goal as well as being surprisingly loud.

Amps, tuning, processing can come after. The hardest part for me is to know what combination to use to complement each other. I would hate to buy coaxial to then realise they arent loud enough.

Your thoughts, reviews or suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks.

I honestly think Pro Drivers would be overkill for 2 SA8's. I was in a truck a couple of months ago and he was running 2 on a Skar 2k and was running some regular components. It kept up just fine. 

Fi has a 7" driver might work with modification. 

Imo get a solid component set for your door speakers. Drop the most you can and want on a solid pair. Then put some coax in the rear or some pro speakers. You should have factory tweeters in the far corners of the dash for the component set.

I run my Civic with t2 components off a p600x4 active and they sound great. They keep up with my two 12s on a DC 2k and that's without rear speakers at all.

Archived