Second Skin Audio

2 12" Subwoofer Box design help

tcast305

Hi,

Can someone design a ported box for the 2 12" Wolfram AG-12 subs I have coming in? 

I have a 2014 Mazda 6, my max dimensions for the box are 39" wide x 16" tall x 20" deep. The subs will be fed 2400 RMS.

The specs for the subs are the following:

• RMS Power: 1,250 Watts
  • Sensitivity: 85.3 dB
  • Fs: 30.3Hz
  • Qms: 5.59
  • Qes: 0.39
  • Qts: 0.37
  • Mms: 291.5 gr
  • Cms: 0.09 mm/N
  • Bl: 23.9
  • Vas: 29.4 L
  • Xmax: 24.5 mm (One-Way)

As far as the tuning of the box's Hz, whatever you recommend, it for daily use. My last box I had designed was tuned to 33hz (different car, subs, and amps).

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. 

Thanks.

Mestapho,

Thanks for your reply, however the SA 12 and the Wolfram ag-12 as not close to specs as you suggested. The T/S values are very different.

All,

Also I'm looking for a simple end slot port/vented design (not middle port).

Also a cut sheet is required as well. This will be my 2nd box I put together, as I stated before I have had a box designed before, however it had a cut sheet so it was not that hard to build it.

Thanks.

So here is a suggestion, daily loud aimed,  power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 5 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

2wolsfpf.jpg

2_x_12_PFSF_alt_assmbly.jpg

like this:

FIG2.jpg

The width of the 45 inside the port should allow a port width of 5 1/2", notice that the front to back port part has a 45 deg cut,  so the 5 5/8" is only valid if you do that 45 deg cut, be aware that if the port width is less than 5 1/2" at the turn that will damage the box performance.

If you would like a lower tuning, let me know, anyhow to make that possible the box depth may need to grow 1-2". 

Joe X,

Got it, I spoke with Colin from Wolfram and he suggested that 34hz would be perfect for me. I see the 45 on the front to back port piece. Is there a 45 on the extension piece on the other end or should it be rounded or can it be left alone?

Thanks.

Archived