77-AUDIO

WHICH IS BETTER  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which amp would you prefer

• MMATS MPA-2000D
    • SUNDOWN SAZ-1500D

This poll is closed to new votes

31 minutes ago, mathewyocham said:

Well the skar rp2000.1 and the orion xtr 2500.1d are both proven tested boards. Both put out rated plus. And both are considerably less. The skar being 220 and the orion being 350. Compared to sundowns sae 2000.1 wich is around 480 or the scv 2k wich is around 580. Also sundown does do rated but just barely. By 100 watts or so. Where as both the other boards clear rated by over a few hundred.

the sundown sae1500 does almost 2100 watts at 1 ohm. that amp is 415$. Sure it might be expensive, but I dont think its overpriced. I popped my first sae1500 due to me accidentally wiring it to .25ohm (lmao), and sundown just sent me a new one, no questions asked. Also sundown makes very efficient amps, and also the power output is consistent to impedance change, a lot of amps climb very exponentially. They do 5000 watts at 1 ohm but only 250 watts at 4 ohms. I know thats exaggerated, but you get the idea  

Alpine cde143bt/ Alpine ktp445u (4x45 amp)

2 Crescendo STS 1 (on alpine 4x45 on 2 channel mode)

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5's in front doors (Skar RP150.4)

1 Sundown zv3 12, SAE1500D.

Box is 2.5 cubes tuned to 30hz.

well the sundown amp in question is the SAZ and not the SAE.  to me the SAZ were built better than the SAE series.  

May make the Trade if this guy is willing to go thru with it.  Plus I know if it needs to be rebuilt Chris at DB-r will hook that bioch up to play below .5 ohm if needed.  I know on my last SAZ-1500 I had i clammped just over 2300 watts at .5 ohm

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

1 hour ago, 77-AUDIO said:

where did you go with this.  never mentioned skar or orion.  

It was in response to coreys post as an example.

1 hour ago, 77-AUDIO said:

well the sundown amp in question is the SAZ and not the SAE.  to me the SAZ were built better than the SAE series.  

May make the Trade if this guy is willing to go thru with it.  Plus I know if it needs to be rebuilt Chris at DB-r will hook that bioch up to play below .5 ohm if needed.  I know on my last SAZ-1500 I had i clammped just over 2300 watts at .5 ohm

Your mmats amp dyno's over that at 1ohm. 

paidnfull  can you show me that 

this is not the amp that i have in the video.  

the link below is the amp I have.

https://imgur.com/a/7UjXxjI

and if someone can tell me how to post the pic and not just the link that would be great....

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

Archived