Second Skin Audio

I need help. I bought 2 Sundown 10s E series V3, and a Rockville 6000W / 1500W RMS amp. I'd like to put both subs in my truck behind the rear seat. Ported if possible. If only one sub is needed I'll sell the other one. I'd like low bass. Behind my seat there's 60" across the back. 8" deep at the bottom. I'd like to go 20" tall. (Wedge box) who can help me with port size/type. The sub requires 1.2 cubes tuned at 32-34hz ported. I'll build it if you post it. Thanks for the help. 

Pics are not loading up, The complete maximum  space I have to work with is 8" deep, 60" across (door to door), and it's 24" from top to bottom (from floor to bottom of rear window) ...I just was choosing to go 20" tall so seat can lock back into place without hitting the box. I plan on using 3/4 MDF unless you recommend going thicker. For both subs what size port are we talking? I'll build whatever we need to make it happen. Thanks again 

Ok change of plans, I stopped in to a local car audio shop and spoke with the owner. He says that from his experience in the crew cab trucks, down fire boxes sound the best. He said your subs need 2.5 cubes and port it out the front through a rectangular port. I can get measurements later of what I have to work with, we can lift the seat if necessary to get 2.5 cubes, I'm still gonna need help on proper porting dimensions though. The specs say per sub 1.2 cubes ported 

Recommended Port Area: 16 in^2

(not sure what that means?) 

tuned at 32hz

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

•  

Oh ok that makes sense. I've noticed a few designs that guys are using PVC with a baffle before the entrance of that makes sense. I'll see if I can post a pic of a box design that I WAS going to somewhat replicate until the shop said go with the other down fire box, either way I'm just wanting to build something. 

Archived