05 Silverado first build - dual Orion 15's

Try learning Hornresp. The designer has been working on BP4 & BP6S/BP6P features lately.

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

• 1 month later...

Done dicking around with this setup for now. Added on a Epicenter and replaced the stock 33hz subsonic filter in it with a 25hz chip. Works really good with metal and old rap. I have the sweep down around 30hz and the width almost all the way down to nothing.

Picked up a Spl-lab mini bass meter and hardwired it to a relay. Was playing around in the driveway and was doing 145 before pissing off my neighbors and had to stop. Pretty simple and handy to use. Got a great black friday deal on it.

Hopefully this truck makes the trip to KY from MA. New England is brutal on vehicles and shits starting to rust bad. Gonna redo just about everything in the spring now that I got a taste for this stuff. Gonna be able to put this truck in the garage and work on it without needing it as a daily driver. 

I had already planned on doubling alternator/battery power and upgrading to 4 15's and new amps. Now just milling the idea of selling off my Orions and switching to DC Audio. 

IMG-20181204-094627605.jpgIMG-20181206-120819528.jpg

• 1 month later...

On my drive to KY my front passenger wheel bearing decided to blow the fuck up. Drove 900 miles and half-way through the West Virginia mountains it started making noise when turning towards the left. Must of drove about 400 miles once it started making noise. It came and went so I wasn't that concerned but I knew my situation was going to worsen, just not sure how soon.

Got south of the Louisville area to my town and off the highway, only 5 miles from home. That wheel started clunking around and grinding real bad. Jacked up the truck in a parking lot and went to check the wheel and I was able to move that bitch like nothing. The only thing keeping it in place was the brake caliper, like no joke. I said fuck it, and decide to drive it the last 5 miles to the house. Drove it at no more than 10 mph and made it to house miraculously. I really thought I was going to be one of those people on the side of the road with a missing wheel looking all sad and shit.

Check out the pic of what was left.

IMG-20190111-142258224.jpg

• 2 months later...

I need to replace my bearings. They are grinding. I wish the truck would just blow up. Mofo keeps running.

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

Archived