Second Skin Audio

Rockford Fosgate T212D4 enclosure or sub issue?

2 hours ago, ckeeler11 said:

Yes lower frequencies take more power for the same volume. 

I would recommend a deep cycle battery and also possibly an alternator. The alternator is what is powering your vehicle when the car is running.

I know what the alternator is doing, I appreciate your response! It is 120A alternator, I know it’s small...but I think it’ll be ok with another battery.

20 minutes ago, slowfkncar said:

that box is tuned in the 50's with a shit load of port area, stay away from that guy!  You should be happy with the design joe posted.

So that’s why it doesn’t have that hard hitting bass when playing lows cause that guy might lied to me that is ported at 37Hz,...and the port is too big.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Nvm, I didn't bought it. Thanks for the answer!

Still looking for someone good enough to design the box you gave me on first page...

Another dumb question: maybe something happened to this subwoofer, something that stopped lows from playing louder & not feeling the bass anymore, could it be this? The spiders or something else that got damaged? It wouldn't blast at all frequencies not only lows if something was wrong with the sub, right?

15 minutes ago, AlexanderLeet said:

On the stereo I have the LPF set to off, so it'll use the amp's LPF. The LPF on the amp is all the way up (200Hz)...

That seems way to high... try setting it to 80hz

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing changed. I tried The Weeknd - The hills, damn the bass is so quiet that it looks like I have the volume and gain very low. I don’t know what’s wrong but it’s pissing me off.

That song was supposed to hit hard, at least that’s what I remember from my JBL GT5-2402BR.

What is your subsonic set too? If your lows are weak your subsonic could be set too high rolling off those hz at the low end.

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived