Second Skin Audio

Help. Read please, suggestions.

BassMunky

Doing recone. Got most of the glue off top and bottom. How do I get the rest off? Wire wheel didn't work do I go with a grinder or sandpaper? Any suggestions to get it super clean?  I chiseled most of it off.

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

if youre trying to remove the leftover glue from the bare basket, a flapper disc on an angle grinder works really quickly.  it's all about holding it at the right angle and making sure you get in there without the tool yanking out of your hand.  dont dig into the metal so have a delicate but steady touch.

Wire wheels are only good for putting out an eye. BMWKing's idea of a flapper wheel on an angle grinder is a good idea or a psa sander, but most people don't have one. If you don't have those things you could try putting on some acetone and use a paint scraper or a paint scraper without acetone.

47 minutes ago, Bret said:

Wire wheels are only good for putting out an eye. BMWKing's idea of a flapper wheel on an angle grinder is a good idea or a psa sander, but most people don't have one. If you don't have those things you could try putting on some acetone and use a paint scraper or a paint scraper without acetone.

Ook may try that.

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

3 hours ago, BassMunky said:

Well it a cordless makita. Could be battery dead. Doubt it. Try tomorrow.

if it's a lithium battery, it wont throttle down, it'll just stop.  no loss of power, just a full stop. 

but go grab a 120 grit flapper disk that fits your collar from harbor freight for a couple bucks and come back at it.

reconing isnt a job you should rush or do something to "make it work"

do it right the first time, no matter how much time it takes, and you wont have to do it over.

2 hours ago, Bret said:

Ook may try that.

I got a 50 grit flap disc in a right angle grinder that I use for cleaning baskets...
ever cleaned a basket without one..
I seen some peoples method in prepping a basket and having shit left all over it... yea nope not unless you want your recone to fail from a shit bond or rubbing due to installing it on a uneven basket.
Take that wire wheel and throw it in the trash... Its just going to be a headache for cleaning a basket especially when the wires break off and get stuck over the magnet and possibly in a gap through a vent (assuming you got the gap taped off on top of coarse).

Archived