Second Skin Audio

Help determine enclosure size for old Punch 15's

Bret

Model: RFP 1415
I have 2 of them.
The manual gives enclosure specs for sealed only. I want ported tuned to 30hz. I just need help figuring out the CF. I have used various calculators and keep coming up with nearly 10cf per sub so I must be doing something wrong. Would appreciate some help. Thank you.

https://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/library/1996/5_subwoofers/rfp-1415_1815-ts.pdf

• 1 month later...

I built the box for these finally. It turned out 8.7 cf. Revisiting this thread to see what port recommendations I got from Joe x and I realized I don't really understand port area. I know what port volume to use according to torres calculator I downloaded. Torres shows my port area to be about 27ci using a 5.9" diameter id tube. Is port area just another way of expressing tube diameter? Is 5.9" a good diameter in my case? Thanks for any help.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the the surrounds last week and glued them on. Wired this up and am breaking it in. I'm really happy with the sound of it. I haven't cranked it up yet but at low volume it hits the lows like I was hoping. The tuning turned out to be what I was shooting for at 30hz. It will play below 25hz so I think I need to crank the subsonic filter up a bit. 

I tried painting it a few times and ended up covering it with foam core wrapped in vinyl. It worked OK but I'm totally disappointed with the 3m spray adhesive. I went through 2 cans ($20) and tried thin and thick applications and didn't get it to stick as well as I expected. I wouldn't use it again. Any spray or brush on adhesive recommendations?

vinyl.JPG

port.JPG

Archived