Sonic Electronix

Been pondering on a sub or subs on a build options I been thinking about 

1 American bass 12 XFL dual 2 ohm 

1 Skar Audio EVL 12 dual 2 ohm 

2 Skar Audio VD 10 dual 4 ohm 

Or a find on letgo app 2 Rockford Fosgate 10" HX2 subwoofers in new condition 

My amp dynos at around 950 rms at 1 ohm which willing to upgrade it to any input is appreciated 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Boss-Audio-12-Inch-1600-Watt-4-Ohm-SVC-Car-Audio-Power-Stereo-Subwoofer-4-Pack/352466190817?epid=24014627482&hash=item52109f41e1:g:5cQAAOSwAN1bpSa8:sc:ShippingMethodExpress!48220!US!-1

all 4 of these on 950rms will sound good.  do a 4th order with about 84 cu ft ported and 2.5 cu ft sealed.

should get ya rockin.

dont forget to upgrade your electrical with multiple runs of 8 gauge OFC.  get a couple of battery jump packs to really unleash the farads when you need.

Having two woofers allows for greater thermal limits, so 2 10s would be what I'd go with. Unless you have a plan to get another of one of those 12s later down the road but they are dual 2 so you'd be running at .5 ohms nominal. 

Just my 2¢

Either way I think you'll enjoy it

food for thought

adding a sub adds 3 db +/- due to new space requirements that includes where the port is if you choose to do ported along with subwoofer placement itself

a good subwoofer box can net 10 db

if you haven't built a box before i would choose a single sub so it is an easier experience and can understand the basics. Remember you can always upgrade just no fires and nuclear waste

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived