Second Skin Audio

Need new box design for HCCA 15's

blarg456

Looks like i'll have some extra time now since I quit my job to start work on a new box. Used a crappy calculator to build my first box so it's flawed and needs to be redone from the ground up. I built my box with separate chambers, is that even necessary? Mostly listen to decaf music and metal in the truck.

My vehicle is a 2005 Chevy Silverado extended cab with the back bench seat removed. It is my daily driver.

For power i got a 370A alternator, D3400, 2 XP3000 batteries.

2 Orion XTR2500.1Dz @ 1ohm - Amp birth sheet show the amps do 2960 and 2940 watts rms. 2 Orion HCCA152 15"'s

Would like to keep the same exterior dimensions as my current box if possible but don't mind completely changing stuff around. 48-1/4 wide, 26-1/2 high, 24-3/8 deep. I had the subs and slot port facing upward.

Any help with some new box plans would be greatly appreciated.

3 hours ago, blarg4567 said:

Looks like i'll have some extra time now since I quit my job to start work on a new box

I’ve heard of lots of reasons for quitting a job but this is a new one to me.

19 hours ago, Bret said:

I’ve heard of lots of reasons for quitting a job but this is a new one to me.

I got lucky. My wife got a big promotion at work and we're waiting to move out of state for her transfer. She is awesome enough to let me quit my job till we relocate. 

Thank you very much for those plans. That looks way more promising than what I ended up building. 

Would there be any difference in sound with the port being on the drivers or passenger side? 

On my sub amps, I can only turn on the subsonic filter for 25hz. I don't have any adjustment with that.

1 hour ago, blarg4567 said:

I got lucky. My wife got a big promotion at work and we're waiting to move out of state for her transfer. She is awesome enough to let me quit my job till we relocate. 

That's great. A little time off once in a while is good.

I just quit my job a while ago because a coworker tried to kick my ass for "not getting out of his way." 

2 hours ago, blarg4567 said:

Thank you very much for those plans. That looks way more promising than what I ended up building. 

Would there be any difference in sound with the port being on the drivers or passenger side? 

On my sub amps, I can only turn on the subsonic filter for 25hz. I don't have any adjustment with that.

I've ran a few different woofers with the Orion 2500.1Dz. Do yourself a favor and add a couple fans. In my opinion these amps should only be 2 ohm stable because of the heat sink and lack of cooling. These are true 3k boards. Damn near same exact internals as my $800 apocalypse 4K. And they take a beating also , I've thermal protected mine a dozen times (Las Vegas desert). amp is actually built better than my Wolfram W 4500.1 on the inside. 25hz subsonic works for 33hz tuning also. Your shits going to pound bro. Hard

Why are you making the box only 48" wide? If I recall you have like 56 to work with.

I had 2 15s in my old sierra. 2000 ext cab. Did subs forward, port to the side. Worked good for me

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

10 hours ago, YukonXL04 said:

Why are you making the box only 48" wide? If I recall you have like 56 to work with.

I had 2 15s in my old sierra. 2000 ext cab. Did subs forward, port to the side. Worked good for me

Just the way I did the install. I made some big braces to keep the box secure to the back wall and they attach on the sides. Next truck I get I would definitely install my amps and batteries in a different configuration. 

Archived