2002 Dodge Dakota, Bed Cut Through, Work in Progress

Yay updates!!  it looks suuuuper clean man, I love it.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! As with most of my builds, I've already decided switch it up. Looks like I'm going to go with a DD Audio D5.1500 amp and either (4) DD Audio 8" subs to go in the current box, or redo the box and blow-through to accommodate (2) 10's in a ported box.

My biggest gripe is the front stage. The Polk separates sound super tinny and hollow. There's also a slight speaker pop in the front stage when I turn off the system (which wasn't there for the first couple days). I'm not sure if the Polk's are having issues, or it's the Kicker CX300.4 amp. The subs actually sound pretty good, but the Front stage is killing me!

Going to buy a new set of components to test. Gonna sell the amps anyway, but need sounds for the next couple months until I can get to the update. Hopefully its the speakers and not the amp.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, update time!

I swapped out the Polk components for a cheap set of Fosgate 165-S components and the sound was much better. Looks like it wasn't the amp.

But all that doesn't matter now... I ripped out the entire system, sub box, HU and all. Gonna start from scratch with a DD Audio D5.1500 to save space, (2) 10's in a ported box, and 2 set of components for the doors. This time around, I'm going to weld in a metal boot instead of the rubber version to future proof for any leaks.

I'll update as I go, but this could take a while!

On 11/21/2018 at 7:20 AM, twalker182 said:

Daaaaaamn! Awesome work.

Maybe it's just me but I think it looks cooler without the rubber trim rings. The silver gives the black subs some contrast.....but you're switching them out so F it!

+1!!!

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

On 11/21/2018 at 6:13 AM, YukonXL04 said:

Wow... that looks great! You might be expecting too much output from 4 8s sealed. Maybe try the current subs ported? Or bigger 8s and a bigger amp.

Yup, been doing some thinking and I think I'm going to stick with the 8's, but I'm going to go for a bigger amp, and bigger 8's in a ported box. I think it's too much work to try and enlarge the cut through. Going to widen it to account for the port size, but keep the height the same. Still going to have the boot welded in, instead of using the rubber version. In the planning stages but will have some more info soon.

• 11 months later...

Well, a year later and I'm back at it. Ripped out the old install and have started fresh (more or less). Same Stinger wiring but am going with (4) Sundown E series 8's and Crescendo amps and components up front. Not the biggest system still, but for a single cab truck, is more than enough. Now for the progress pics!

I'm running 2 ssa F8Ls right now, man for 2 8s they slam... building a new box for 3 of them right now on a 2k... pretty sure that these 3 will hold me over, coming from an 18 on 2k though lol

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

2 minutes ago, YukonXL04 said:

I'm running 2 ssa F8Ls right now, man for 2 8s they slam... building a new box for 3 of them right now on a 2k... pretty sure that these 3 will hold me over, coming from an 18 on 2k though lol

Nice! I was debating between (2) Sundown X8's vs. the (4) E8's. I decided to go with the larger cone area vs. the higher excursion. Both setups take the same amount of power, and the box size is more or less equivalent. Good part is that with the new box setup, I can swap out boxes if needed so I can change my setup on the fly. Eventually I want to have a 6th order built to take up the bed, but that's future dreams, haha. This is going to be my daily driver setup!

Archived