2002 Dodge Dakota, Bed Cut Through, Work in Progress

I've got a single cab Dakota sport so it's nice to see a Dakota with a blowthrue.  Idk if you have got it playing yet of not but if not then I will say prepare yourself for the god forsaken door chatter omg Dakotas are terrible when it comes to door chatter especially with the windows up all the way

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Maya said:

I've got a single cab Dakota sport so it's nice to see a Dakota with a blowthrue.  Idk if you have got it playing yet of not but if not then I will say prepare yourself for the god forsaken door chatter omg Dakotas are terrible when it comes to door chatter especially with the windows up all the way

Haha, thanks for the warning! I haven't had the time to work on it since all the holiday BS, but am itching to get out there. At this stage, doors are my last piece of the puzzle, but I'll keep the noise in mind.

• 1 month later...

wow, this is one hellva build. was impressed with everything and wasnt sure why you ripped it all out to start over.

So impressed with the work tho .

On 3/1/2020 at 7:56 AM, Ric_Mir said:

wow, this is one hellva build. was impressed with everything and wasnt sure why you ripped it all out to start over.

So impressed with the work tho .

Thanks! I get very impulsive and can't sit still for long. Was going to port the box, but since Sundown came out with the new SD4, I'm going to squeeze three 12's in the cab and build the box into the bed. Even though it'll still be sealed, should play pretty low and tight. Just waiting on the time to do the rebuild!

3 hours ago, aburger said:

Thanks! I get very impulsive and can't sit still for long. Was going to port the box, but since Sundown came out with the new SD4, I'm going to squeeze three 12's in the cab and build the box into the bed. Even though it'll still be sealed, should play pretty low and tight. Just waiting on the time to do the rebuild!

while looking from start i thought, DAMN this dude putting in some WORK on this, but for 4 8's? was going to post and ask why not some beefy 12's or even 2 15's, i know u said u like sealed. either way, sick build man... wish i had ur determination with that damn water lol

15" Neo Elite

135AH Lithium Bank

Taramps Bass30k

320a Brand X Purple Metallic Ho Alt

125+ Ft of oversized 1/0

ATnqTu2.jpg ZpNzSWw.jpgZlH1dRI.jpg 

• 5 months later...

Well, it's been a while, but finally some progress...but alas it's just temporary. I'll explain at the end, but for now, here's some update pics! It sucks to lose your job, but I finally had the time to work on this build some more. Took me a full month  to get the current box built and installed.

Photo Jun 18, 3 52 12 PM

Photo Jun 18, 6 00 39 PM

Photo Jun 19, 6 29 04 PM

Photo Jun 24, 5 43 56 PM

Photo Jun 24, 5 44 01 PM

Photo Jun 24, 5 44 07 PM

Photo Jun 25, 2 31 38 PM

Photo Jun 25, 4 14 48 PM

Photo Jun 25, 4 14 56 PM

Decided to try Expandable Foam Weatherseal to seal around the flange, inbetween the flange and the bed wall. So far, seems to be sealing pretty well. Unfortunately, the taneau cover seal leaks, so water's still getting into the bed. Luckily the herculiner is doing its job ok. Eventually, gonna get a new cover.

Photo Jul 07, 3 30 01 PM

Photo Jul 07, 3 30 06 PM

Photo Jul 07, 3 32 10 PM

Photo Jul 07, 3 32 18 PM

Photo Jul 07, 3 32 25 PM

Archived