Second Skin Audio

Finding the perfect 10"

BassAddict32

51 minutes ago, BassAddict32 said:

I guess all the research I thought I did right was wrong. Damn. I guess I need to kinda just start over from scratch.

Seems like space & cash is your only concern, if your looking for a daily setup i would probably throw a 12" in there with an aero, if you find that its not going to play low enough for you. A 10" in slot ported would probably work better at the cost of output and enclosure weight.

Looking into stuff more, I realized how wrong I was about my box for sure and choosing a sub. Maybe just an fi xv3 or ab xfl in a nice lower tuned box would be better. A 1500 rms 10" like an SSD, HD, or sundown U might be too much for a lower daily setup. New box to come definitely and I'll be doing more research and trying out winsid or speaker box lite. 

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

1 hour ago, ckeeler11 said:

If you want to stick to your box then I would not run more than 750 watts. Plenty of options. Sundown SA, Fi Alpha, AB TNT,  Incriminator I....

I'll probably cut my box down a bit for a better size 10" and redo my areo port. I started using speaker box lite app to help figure out some speakers and box tuning info. And I started reading some threads on here about box tuning also and learning sub specs to understand what I'm looking more for. I definitely didn't realize there was so much to building a good box. 

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

Yeah, I'm actually probably going to build a fresh slot port. I can't seen to find the right aero port size to box size that fits well enough. I've been using Ultimate car audio app and speaker box lite. Also read triticums write up, this morning. So next is to just read read read about slot ports and plan for that box. 

Still up in the air about what sub but I'm looking at the XFL just because I don't think I need anything crazy like a U or HD.... Do I? Lmao

Edit: This account is my user name from when I was 15. Im actually 25 and trying to build a system right unlike my childish name

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

Archived