Second Skin Audio

JoeX, Can you help?

FishingJaxDK

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1o502iRBIF45C_VCwYfEgPHfRRg3AGkc2

Hello,

Looking for enclosure design help. I've never built my own custom box, and I'm looking for help with a design for two Skar EVL 10" D4 subwoofers. I have 32" height, 22" depth and 18" width to work with. Enclosure would need to have a vertical orientation. I know it may not sound great that way, but I don't have many options. If we could go less than 32" inches height, that would be ideal, but I don't expect miracles.

I built a flat platform for it to bolt to once it's ready to go in the truck. I have a link up top showing where my current sub sits, and where the new box must sit. 

Thanks for the reply. Rock, rap, country mainly. The RE SXX 10 v2 sounds great with all types of music using the CAB 1600.1.  But now I have these 2 Skar EVL 10 D4 I want to use. I have the an RE Audio SE 5000 D and a CAB 1600.1 I can use. The RE 5000 is about to be sold though. I was also thinking about getting another amp, maybe you could suggest one that sells under $500. 

Thanks for your time,

Darren

Aimings? Directions in which the subs face? If that is what you mean, that does not matter to me.

My apologies for my lack of understanding.

I wouldn't be bothering y'all if I could find a prefab box that works with these subs and fits the space available in my truck. All the prefab under seat boxes and low pro subs just don't sound good to me

But over all, I'd like to take some pride in building something that works with my vehicles space and sounds good acoustically. 

Thanks for your time and help

On 10/15/2018 at 7:09 AM, FishingJaxDK said:

I was also thinking about getting another amp, maybe you could suggest one that sells under $500. How much power should I be pushing them with ideally? They show 1000rms each. I believe BigDWiz dyno’d that amp to put out 2100 at 1ohm. Please tell me if I’m wrong with my thinking.

Thanks again for your time,

Darren

I did see that the 1600.1 hit over 2k but the way I see that is, it was its peak number. Now anyone please correct me if im wrong but pushing any one item to its peak limits continuously isn’t exactly good or else we could all power our subs to their peak ratings daily instead of going by the rms rating. If it was me though I would use the 1600 to power both subs while saving for an amp that does what each sub is spec’d at, in this case 1k rms each. 

Like I said though im no expert and would consider myself a novice, I go by numbers. Though I bet even at 500watts to each EVL10, they would hit real hard. Hell my Treo is rated 500 rms and the highest I clamped my amp at was 411 with a 41hz tone (anywhere from 200 to 350 with music) and it pounds pretty dang hard. 

Archived