Skar subs good or not?

On 12/17/2018 at 1:16 PM, jmanjr82 said:

I have used skar woofers for many years now. I have done builds with the VD, VVX, DDX, EVL, VXF, and ZVX. I have never had a problem with the subs. I think they are a very budget friendly company as a whole. What this boils down to is your overall budget and power abilities such as electrical and amp power. The Rp2000.1 is a solid amp and will power any of the subs up to the ZVX rather well. Keeping your voltage up is key so you don't clip the hell out of the woofer and reach mechanical failure.

So I’m on the fence between VXF and ZVX can you give me more input? I’m going for 2 15s with wide bandwidth(want to get low but still sound good all around) but loud as hell. I’ve been told it’s not worth the extra cash for ZVX but I feel those are what I’m wanting

14 hours ago, Thatcarkidd said:

So I’m on the fence between VXF and ZVX can you give me more input? I’m going for 2 15s with wide bandwidth(want to get low but still sound good all around) but loud as hell. I’ve been told it’s not worth the extra cash for ZVX but I feel those are what I’m wanting

I would like to know people input on this as well. I'm currently eyeing up the zvx 18. Its xmax is quite a bit higher then the evl, idk about the zvx 

Edited by Ipoksmote

10 minutes ago, 121gigawatts said:

just get 2 Sundown SA 15’s. You can put a 3k rms or 3.5k rms amp on them easy. Or get some Fi audio subwoofers, like 2 fi ssd 15s and put them on a 4K or 5k. Taramps makes good amps for cheap. Crazy cheap and crazy good. Check them out. 

Wut.

Sooo a 750 rms sub can take 1500rms....

Cuz sundown?

Idk, that really turned a really convincing post into a totally biased direction...

1 minute ago, Ipoksmote said:

Wut.

Sooo a 750 rms sub can take 1500rms....

Cuz sundown?

Idk, that really turned a really convincing post into a totally biased direction...

The SA line can take 1500 rms after rise all day

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

So I've researched box rise, aka impedance rise.

There are numerous people that back up what your saying. I.e putting more then rated power on a woofer.

However almost every forum I've read about it unanimously agrees most people shouldnt even worry about Impedence rise.

I'm also finding people say if you want to put 3k to a subwoofer, then get a 3k rms subwoofer, not a 1.5k one.

• 7 months later...
On 4/7/2020 at 9:57 PM, 1point21gigawatts said:

plus Kevin scammed a lot of people. Even customers, other companies and fellow audiophiles. He went scamming on caraudio.com and scammed them boys and now they all hate him and blank on anybody who even recommends Skar on that forum. Go on that forum and just post a question about Skar and they will tell you the nitty gritty about Skar and Kevin. They won’t blank on you for asking about Skar but will blank on an audiophile that recommends Skar because no self respecting bass head uses Skar.  

In perfect world where peace and love reign and the streets are made of gumdrops this wouldn't happen. Let's be real though, it's admirable and all you want to fight for Sundown and all that is good in the world but that's not even close to the world we live in. What your so upset about is what every major brand and company has been doing the last 70 years to get where they are. I'm not agreeing with it, in fact I abhor it but you know just as well as I do this is how things are and work, as $h!tty as it is, it is what it is. If you REALLY are a warrior for social causes and business justice, then by the "principle of it" you should basically boycott 90% of the large to huge business' and corporations.

• 4 months later...

I recently just purchased 2 of the EV-L 12 2500W subs. I'm not getting the performance I was expecting out of them, any recommendations on what the optimal amp would be to run 2 of these 12 inch subs? I have a 3000w amp in it currently but the rms on the amp is less than 1000 at 2 ohms, anything would help, im trying to have these speakers hit super hard without damaging the speakers

• 6 months later...

I bought a 2400 watt speaker and amp setup that Skar advertised as a pair except Skar Audio only sent me a 1200 watt pair ! I got the equipment installed by a pro and a few months later 1 speaker failed. I inquired about my warranty and Skar told me to send the equipment back at my cost ($150.00) and send a return shipping label ($150.00) costing me a total of $300.00 when I bought the entire set-up for $299.00 ! They use that tactical maneuver to get out of warranting defective equipment. After inquiring about my warranty I found out from the company that installed it that Skar only sent me a 1200 watt system not what I ordered 😱so I brought this to their attention and they tried hustling me by saying it is capable of 2400 watt 😤 Advertised 2400 and no warranty not exchange on the correct equipment nothing from Skar Audio except hung up on. I posted the same review on Skar Audio's website but it doesn't appear so they are picking and choosing reviews on their page so they look good ! Once again a con game I will make sure to never let anyone buy from Skar Audio again taking me for $299.00 

• Haha (+1 Rep) 1