Sundown Audio

Amp suggestions

Sethwilliams88

1 hour ago, Sethwilliams88 said:

They set my gain about halfway up ,my subsonic at about 40 percent,lowpass at 60 percent,as far as my deck eq is on powerful,loud off,sub filter 80hz , it doesn't hit as hard as it should nothing even close

if they were set up by ear, those are all completely wrong.  as far as your deck goes, everything should be flat/off.  sub filter at 80 is fine, whats the sub control in the deck set at?  sounds like you need a reputable shop with the proper tools to set your gains.  or a buddy with a DD1.  by having your subsonic at 40%, is that 40% of the full rotation of the dial, or is it at 40hz?  if it's 40%, what numbers is it between?  same goes for lowpass knob?

First of all I'm new to running this much power so I appreciate all the advice second I get my break in 30 minutes I'll go outside and give you all the settings I also have another question so I got a 250 amp alternator 0 gauge wire running to everything got the big three and I have my two sundown zv5 dual 2 ohm wired to 2 ohms I have my Brutus 4016 amps strapped so I got my RCA going to the master I got the master out RCA going to slave in RCA, I have the negative speaker outputs going from slave to master and I have the positive speaker terminals on the master going to the positive on my Subs and the positive on the slave going to the negative on my Subs is this wired correctly

3 hours ago, Sethwilliams88 said:

Okay on my amp the level is set to about 65%, phase is set all the way to 180, subsonic is set to about 40% not hz, am I low pass it's set to about 40 45%, my subsonic goes from 15 Hertz to 35 Hertz, My low pass goes from 30 hurts to 250 hurts

phase set at 180 is only ok if the subs are mounted inverted, like with the baskets and magnets visible, cone firing into the box.  if this is not the case, set the phase to 0.

im pretty sure with your gain set that high that itll be sending a clipped signal to your very expensive subs, so find someone with an oscilloscope or DD1 fast.

you subsonic sounds like it should be "ok" for now, if not set a little low.  but it's not too high which is ok.

your lowpass (and these are approximations, no one actually knows the numbers they're set too without a CC-1 or something similar) is set to about 100hz.  that's pretty high but the headunit should be sending it 80hz and below so it;s not too bad.

3 hours ago, Sethwilliams88 said:

On my stereo fader & Balance are set to zero, graphic EQ is that the powerful, Sonic Center control set to zero, loudness is off, subwoofer phase set to normal, level is at 0, frequency is at 80, bass boost is at zero, High Pass filters at 100 Hertz, Source level adjuster at + 4

set your EQ to flat or zero everything out.  you're not doing your equipment any favors using a preset EQ slope.

when you've adjusted the phase on the amp, try turning it up to a playable level and then turning up the sub level on the headunit, dont change anything else with the sub unless you can change the frequency to 60+/- hz.  if the subs play louder with the sub level on the headunit turned up then we're making progress.  

but you should really find someone with the proper equipment to tune your amps so you dont cook those nice ass subs.

as far as the wiring is concerned, i would add at least 2 good agm batteries (XS, Kinetik, fullriver, etc) to your power reserves, to make at least 3 total.  i would also do another run or 2 of 1/0 from the alt back to the secondary battery bank then distribute to the amps.  this will help the amps reach their full voltage potential, rather than starving.

Archived