Measuring for time alignment

KCK Jukebox

4 hours ago, KCK Jukebox said:

Getting ready to do time alignment in my truck. Anyone know the formula for distance to ms? Also when mesuring something that fires into the windshield how do you fully measure that?

My Kenwood measures by feet so sorry, can’t help you there. But as far as driver direction (on or off axis), shouldn’t be a problem for base measurements. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Best tool for Time Alignment is a Measuring Tape.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Or, just start adjusting till it comes in. The thing is , a slight MS adjustment can change dramatically. Just because your driver door driver is closer, and pass side is 4 feet (whatever) it will take a slight adjustment to bring them together. You know sound travels at like 350 meters,,, a fuckin second, so to adjustment for 3 feet, will come down to very small time hold/delay on the driver's side. To then catch up To the driver side. 

We use a Mic laptop,  Audison bit, Mic placed at the head rest, watch every channel and adjust. What is odd,  we still just went with our ears, and in my opinion,  sounded , better. It's like having a flat 20-20k band. We get perfect rta scores in the lanes, and fuck that file for actual music. That's just us

Are your sure your balance is just not set heavy to the driver side?

I will say, alignment to me is far more important that a flat RTA. Not everyone "hears" frequencies the same so a flat RTA may just sound off. If I get it set up so the alignment is right, then I can tune it to my ears. An RTA can help me understand where I have peaks and valleys but for me, that would be my starting point. Not the end.

Now if you need to score based on the RTA then that is a different story.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived