‘14 Sierra WT single din wiring

So I’m putting a pioneer single din head unit into my 2014 Sierra 2500HD WT (work truck, manual windows/locks, no steering wheel controls, no nav, no backup camera). The unit is nothing special, just want it for the Bluetooth capability/playing my own tunes. 

My my question is in the wiring harness as it’s been a while since I’ve installed a unit and never in a vehicle this new. I got the install kit associated with my truck/head unit, which has one harness for the pioneer unit, and 2 for the stock truck harness’. I have a home for all the wires from the stock harness’ except 2. According to the trucks wiring diagram, the rear speaker leads are (purple, purple/white) and (green, green/black). All 4 of those leads (2 pairs) are attached to its own dedicated wiring harness from the truck. But on the other harness from the truck (which contains all the power/ground/illumination/front speaker leads, etc) there is an additional set of (green, green/black) wires that I don’t have a home for. Just 2 wires. 

What should I do with that additional pair of leads? Tie them in with the other pair of the same color? Leave them unattached entirely?

my install kit also came with a “stereo replacement interface” box that has 2 inputs/outputs. One is a micro USB port, the other fits the marlex plug/harness that the rear speaker leads are attached to (the green and purple pairs). What in the hell do I do with this box? How do I install it? I’ve never used one of these before, and wondering if I even need it since I don’t have steering wheel controls or anything. But I’m confused because, like I said, the harness that contains the rear speaker leads plugs directly into that box. But what is the micro usb for and what would that plug into?

Thanks for for any help and sorry if this is a confusing question. I can post pics of the harnesses later when I get home if that will help. 

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

• 2 weeks later...

Archived