4-zv5 18's 4th order update (new pics)

Last night I was playing for a while and my amp temp went up to 101° and if you'll notice where my amp rack is there's the 3rd row ac vent... 87° in less than 3 minutes!! Is there a such thing as too much cooling? Too bad my amp will have to move it's mosfets to the back of the bus soon haha. I'm building a MF wall. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:09 PM, DiBo said:

Nothing special. Just trying to keep phase 1 clean. Subs aren't final. Just working with what I have. 3-18's on 10k or 4-15's on 12k more than likely. Walling em off without a doubt. 

Very nice enclosure build. I'm not to fond of running 3 drivers on a single amplifier, but It looks like there's plenty of room for amplifier upgrade to get you louder.

If it was mine, I would upgrade to three individual amplifiers before upgrading enclosure / driver application.

6 hours ago, DiBo said:

Got these off brand German 8's from a buddy that went to Sema... These damn things scream!! My front stage sounds good with Some Apocalypse 6.5's in the back doors. These speakers cost $275 so they're upper lower end. Lol

WOW, plenty of room for an eight inch driver in the front doors !!! Nice. Stock look with dynamic sound will turn many heads !!!

Also, those tweeters look like a nice application for time alignment. My advice would be to get a dash pad before tuning.

Are you running passive (front and rear) on a single four channel amplifier ???

6 hours ago, DiBo said:

Nothing fancy in my doors. I'll be doing full fiberglassing of all my doors when I get loud lol

Honestly, I prefer great looks and dynamic sound over "loud" any day. I think you're on the right track !!!

Again, before door / driver upgrades ... I'd go with amplifier upgrades. just saying. again, very nice Sir. I'm tuned in !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

1 hour ago, White Lightning said:

Very nice enclosure build. I'm not to fond of running 3 drivers on a single amplifier, but It looks like there's plenty of room for amplifier upgrade to get you louder.

If it was mine, I would upgrade to three individual amplifiers before upgrading enclosure / driver application.

WOW, plenty of room for an eight inch driver in the front doors !!! Nice. Stock look with dynamic sound will turn many heads !!!

Also, those tweeters look like a nice application for time alignment. My advice would be to get a dash pad before tuning.

Are you running passive (front and rear) on a single four channel amplifier ???

Honestly, I prefer great looks and dynamic sound over "loud" any day. I think you're on the right track !!!

Again, before door / driver upgrades ... I'd go with amplifier upgrades. just saying. again, very nice Sir. I'm tuned in !!!

.67 on 3 seems ok. I bet if I had a 6-7k these subs would wake up. I'm not familiar with time alignment yet. I know what it is but I've never tried it. I am running passive in a single 4 channel with plans of adding another 4 channel for just tweeters when I complete my doors. I'm going with 15's more than likely and either an Apocalypse 12k or 2x7500's. These 12's are probably going in my Maxima with a 4th sub. A big board is next for certain. Probably the AAK7500

Finally got another 4k but the same day I came up on 2 more X12s. Gotta love offer up!! $480 from $700!! I told him he could keep his box LMFAO. Thinking about a 4th order with...

6ft³ sealed 12ft³ ported. 18ft³ total tuned to around 42-44hz maybe? Any suggestions. I'm throwing the four in for now and I'll be getting started on my sealed section within the next month. I won't be able to slide in the whole 18 ft but I will be able to slide in the sealed section and build on top of that. 

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't going for perfect I just wanted it to be clean. I'll have subs loaded up and playing pretty soon. 1ohm on each amp unfortunately. New enclosure and additional power soon. Also going to sound deaden my roof as well as add a bunch of battery power, secondary 370 amp Mechman alternator, and eventually my front doors completely done. 

Nice Amplifier Rack Homie.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Playing on just one of the two 4k amps. Waiting on reserve. Rt now I'm at .5 ohm and it sounds great. These Apocalypse amps are the truth. Very similar to DC 3.5 k and crescendo 3.5k boards with some added internals and power and ground inputs. My roof is jelly rt now tho lol. I need to deaden the roof and rear quarter panels. Quarter panels are going to be tough there's all kinds of extra crap in the back of these navigators so I have to figure it out. My bandpass build is coming. I won't be happy until I'm hair tricking and my voltage stays steady @ 13.5 +/- a smidge. 

Archived