Sundown Audio

need a half ohm stable amp.

77-AUDIO

I need an amp that is half ohm stable.  guy i am installing a system for soon went and got 4 dual 4 ohm subs, and i kept telling him to get dual 2 ohm if he was going to run 4 subs.  

he got the Massive Audio HIPPO XL 84 subs.  box will be subs up port up in the rear of a extended cab ranger.  port on driver side. not sure if he will be upgrading the electrical like alt but I will be for sure doing a big 3 on the truck for sure. 

Currently looking at the DD Audio M4A amp.  I know it can run half ohm but really want to find an amp that has half ohm listed in its specs....

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

I also thought about strapping 2 amps or doing gain matching. but I believe I have found an amp the db drive a7 3500H.1

really dont want to do gain matching  but strapping is an option if his wallet will allow it.  and I am going to make sure he knows that the alt or a couple batteries or both will be needed.  

I think he has a couple batteries laying around from his last build.  

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

54 minutes ago, 77-AUDIO said:

I need an amp that is half ohm stable.  guy i am installing a system for soon went and got 4 dual 4 ohm subs, and i kept telling him to get dual 2 ohm if he was going to run 4 subs.  

he got the Massive Audio HIPPO XL 84 subs.  box will be subs up port up in the rear of a extended cab ranger.  port on driver side. not sure if he will be upgrading the electrical like alt but I will be for sure doing a big 3 on the truck for sure. 

Currently looking at the DD Audio M4A amp.  I know it can run half ohm but really want to find an amp that has half ohm listed in its specs....

hey, this will work perfect:

https://www.amazon.com/Soundstream-TA1-3000D-Monoblock-Tarantula-Subwoofer/dp/B00C51Y2OW/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1539898302&sr=1-1&keywords=tarantula+soundstream

Archived