what do you think of this power regulator and what i use it for.

so recently iv' been  testing a  converter and well it works past my  expectations .   im posting this in this forums since its' related to electrical 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-DC-Converter12-15-20-30A-150-300-400-1200-1500W-Step-up-down-Buck-Boost-NEW/192542098448?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=492643425144&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Im using the 1500W step up converter , but their are other models...

i use this to do almost Everything i need with my setup,  i have 1  powering my head unit , processors , Everything but amplifiers. and i Love it . that noisy alternator  whizzing noise is gone, and my voltage on my main sound processing is stable.  i could set it to 14.5 volt when my alternator only somehow puts out 13.8 so no matter What voltage it is   it balances it for me. 

i tried this on my Amplifiers and they work Great considering that my  4 channel amplifier only draws 24  amps on a fuse.  , so i could push it to 15.5V for the 4 channel amplifier it worked amazing    

i also tried this on a Alpine M500  a 13 year old amplifier at 15.5 volts and the mood was real but my issue is that amplifier taxed the converter out . wish they had a 40 amp or maybe a 50 amp model. 

i got some 36 volt 68000 Lumen LED bars from my brother, And  i was  skeptical but i wired them onto this converter and turned the voltage to 35 volts... And low and behold i have a Cheapo, power supply for them now... As the led stadium light power supply is almost 200$ this is only 27$. i did the math in my brain and purchased one Just for this  led bar. A old model bar but has a 180 Degree lightfield ,  And it is LED safe , the supply is stable and  has no buzzing or hissing sound  witch is amazing i got it on a wire lead so i could connect it and use it in a truck so when we go deer hunting we dont get stunned by the nights darkness.

i also tried using them on Vehicle lights, Making them stable during bass sessions  and they do their job keeping them lights from dimming out 

But this is what i v' been doing with this converter what are your ideas on what i could use this converter for ? Also what is your opinion  , is this a good or bad item to use  ?

Im curious what 68,000lm led you've tried? 

Dc/dc bucks are great for lighting,fans ect, might need a cap paired with the cheaper ones however im not so sure how i feel about it with audio gear because the type of amps that would benefit from more voltage, usually have a much higher draw than 30a.

leme take picture,my camera is junk but these lights  together are 68k lumens. Draws around 17 amps a set i find if i have the vehicle started just the voltage going from 11 v to 14.5 v causes it to only draw around 15 amps a piece. so a 30 amp driver works. i might just get 1 for each bar, since they demand power.

And yea it kinda defeats the purpose but from the sound it has it sounds alot different . better bass response n stuff makes it worth it.27267098_video595.jpg.591534c58dd97b940ff41a37aafdfbeb.jpg these are only around 3  feet in width , i love them    almost got blind working on one when it turned on unexpectedly when i was looking at the circuit . but totally worth fixing them, Every single light had a bad power mosfet, second i put new ones they all started working other then the price of the power supply holding me back

55 minutes ago, jeshua said:

leme take picture,my camera is junk but these lights  together are 68k lumens. Draws around 17 amps a set i find if i have the vehicle started just the voltage going from 11 v to 14.5 v causes it to only draw around 15 amps a piece. so a 30 amp driver works. i might just get 1 for each bar, since they demand power.

And yea it kinda defeats the purpose but from the sound it has it sounds alot different . better bass response n stuff makes it worth it.27267098_video595.jpg.591534c58dd97b940ff41a37aafdfbeb.jpg these are only around 3  feet in width , i love them    almost got blind working on one when it turned on unexpectedly when i was looking at the circuit . but totally worth fixing them, Every single light had a bad power mosfet, second i put new ones they all started working other then the price of the power supply holding me back

The 4ch is probably wired in stereo at 4 ohms yeah? You could say you wont really see more than a 9-12a draw with music. 

The m500 is another story, at 2 ohms that amp could draw 25a-30a on music, the converter would heat soak pretty quickly at that point, usually those tiny converters need to be cooled when driven above 70%.

157lm/w is insane for those style of led's, thats near modern grow room efficiency right there. Do you have a brand name?

18 hours ago, slowfkncar said:

157lm/w is insane for those style of led's, thats near modern grow room efficiency right there. Do you have a brand name?

they are a discontinued model of Stadium field lighting , this model is a 277V 600w 180 fieldview dimmable  model, Though without the power supply being 36 volt , i just had to find a way to power it  without those power supplies 

Model# VI-M-256-750-5w-vl-56-n06-n-g

i cant take a picture of the  information because the camera literally doesnt  have quality to see text that small. so i got the name logo on glass piece instead.

video 596.jpgi might be off on my Lm a watt but my cheap amperage meter says  When im powering 1 bar,  4.5ampon each side At 36 volt, But on the  14 volt side it says 18 amps. im not Entirely sure if those readings are correct but  Even my power supply rated at 20 amps  Dies trying to power these converters on test, but when running a on a vehicle they work but get Super hot. mostlikely them only drawing 18 amps is something to do with the LED boards  regulators  sensing their is a low voltage , and adjusting accordingly.i do notice they dim out a bit when i leave it on for more then 10 mins. but a first turn on these things turn my normal room or a driveway into a daylight zone , its so bright inside a closed room that i have a welding mask to see  what im doing  since i dont want to burn my eyes again.

Archived