Ground loop nightmares

I have not tried that. And to be honest, dont want to. Are there rcas you can buy that are terminated properly to attach a ground to the shield?

Why would you not want to ground all of your amps to one location? After all the reading and research I have done it seems separate grounding points would cause more of an issue.

My original install did not include any distros, or anything of that nature and I still had the issue. I was hoping by adding in the distros, and upgrading my "big 3" to a fresher, heavier wire that wasnt 15 years old like my car is, cleaning the grounds, new copper lugs, the whole works....would help alleviate the issue. But it seems to have only have made it worse.

Would grounding the case of my alternator to my chassis or battery directly help?

It is a Ford afterall......lol

4 hours ago, daneavp said:

1200 rms to subs, 480 rms to mids/highs. Distros are the stinger pro maxi fused blocks. 2 1/0 in 4 4 gauge out I believe. Yes wire is ofc. big 3 done just this past sunday. Alt has no additional grounding. I do have plenty of 4 gauge wire to run as many new grounds as needed.

Yes Daisy chained remote power wire.**

this is where your head unit pop comes from. It's very stressful to daisy chain amps together on a head unit.

4 hours ago, daneavp said:

It's only a 130 amp alt, and I DO NOT go full tilt on this build yet because I do not have a powerful enough alt yet and I've found this out the hard way at a stop light lol My battery is a red top optima...good but not great.

You have plenty alt to go full tilt with the power you're running. Just get an extra battery for your stereo. Also ground your alternator to your battery and if you don't have a wire long enough to do that ground it to chassis at least. Might solve your problem. Alt needs to be grounded. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived