Sonic Electronix

Need direction with a blowthrough

What's up guys? First time posting. I'm planning a blowthrough in a 92 Mazda b2200. I'll be using 3 sundown Xv2 15s powered by a single sundown scv 7500. I'm thinking I'm going to go with a 4th order. Mainly because I don't want a basic sealed box at the back of my cab if I'm going to cut it up and the science and tuning behind a 6th order is beyond my expertise right now. Any suggestions or direction would be greatly appreciated. 

4 hours ago, TyMyShoe said:

What's up guys? First time posting. I'm planning a blowthrough in a 92 Mazda b2200. I'll be using 3 sundown Xv2 15s powered by a single sundown scv 7500. I'm thinking I'm going to go with a 4th order. Mainly because I don't want a basic sealed box at the back of my cab if I'm going to cut it up and the science and tuning behind a 6th order is beyond my expertise right now. Any suggestions or direction would be greatly appreciated. 

I think its the way to go, currently running a super budget blowthrough 2 ct tropo 18's on an audiopipe 2k. and its much louder then I thought it would be.

For this box I ended up going with 5.8ish sealed and 14.5 ported, 47hz 11 inch by 22 inch port.

When you cut the hole use an angle grinder, if you dont got one harbor freight got em for $9.

A lot of mixed opinions on to go bigger or smaller its hard to tell what the best answer is in winisd it seems to show the bigger you go the better but I'm sure at some point that stops being true.

Thanks for responding. How did you come up with the size for your sealed and ported sections? There's actually no recommended spec for a ported box w the sundown xv2 15s. The only speaker they give a ported spec for is the 6.5 and it's half the airspace they recommend for a sealed box so I'm wondering if that holds true throughout the rest of their speakers.

As far as the port goes I'll probably just go close to as big as possible because everything that I've seen people make a smaller port and end up cutting a bigger anyways. 

Archived