Sundown Audio

Smoked a planet audio 5000.1 d mono in 2 minutes... Help

Robbthechef

Have a 5000 ish watt dvc 4 ohm 15in sub by itself on a hifonics zues 2400.1 d and wanted a little more. Got a planet audio 5000.1 d mono amp and smoked it with what I'm guessing was a bad ground. 1/0 gauge front to rear with big 3 upgrade. Red top battery wired in also. What could be some issues?

The fact that Its a planet audio amp is the biggest issue

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

1 hour ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

1 hour ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

I got it for 100 bucks. Lol i mean how much do you think the 2400 Zeus is throwing at it? Lesson learned for 100 bucks. Lol

3 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

A bad ground. That would have thrown even that piece of shit into protect. It smoked because that happens.  End of story. 

Did you buy it used? How old is/was it?  Just happens man. 

Figured for 100 bucks I couldn't lose. Definitely not crying over it. Lol it was used. Board looks intact and no obvious obvious destruction from 1st glance. Imma redo my ground when the rain stops. Honestly I dont need it at the moment but wasn't gonna pass it up. Just redid my box and broke it in for over a month. I wanna stretch its legs a little. 

U probably dropped to under 10 volts and over heated the amp . 5k needs electrical not just big 3 . Runs of 0gauge not run , and multiple batteries from an at least 250ALT.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived