Second Skin Audio

Need subs for tight bass in sealed enclosure

CONKLE73

So I have 2 Sundown SA 12 subs in a ported enclosure tuned to about 33hz in the cargo area of my Tahoe.

I also have / had 2 old school Boston acoustics 10.4lf subs in a 1 cubic foot sealed enclosure under my 2nd row seats firing down.

The Sundouns handle the lower end very well and the Bostons filled in the upper end of the spectrum perfectly..

Problem is I had the bostons crossed over with an active band pass filter from 80hz to 45hz... that is until I mistakenly rest the crossover and only had the low pass filter on and was sending those subs everything below 80hz and wound up smoking one of them...

Long story longer... I need to replace them and I'm looking for 10" subs that will have good response in the 80hz-45hz range in a 1cf sealed enclosure with about 450 watts rms going to each sub. I really miss the clean, tight, punchy bass that those 10s produced... I have the low-lows all day with the SA 12s I just need subs that will fill that gap I now have in the upper bass spectrum.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Personally, I’d concentrate on a whole new setup verses mix mached drivers. 

In your vehicle, you can tune something like 4 12s and work better and then concentrate on amplifier power for better dynamics and driver control.

i have a single 15 accomplishing your entended goal. Factors were driver specs, enclosure design and amplifier specifications. Just saying

best of luck with your setup sir. Post pics !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

4 hours ago, CONKLE73 said:

A single 15 in a 6th order enclosure?

No Sir. Simple ported and tuned.

gallery_5_7_3277.jpg

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived