Second Skin Audio

Need subs for tight bass in sealed enclosure

CONKLE73

3 hours ago, CONKLE73 said:

Ok... so how about replacing the 10s I had under the seat with 2 10" midbass drivers to handle from say 85hz to 250hz?

what year Tahoe do you have ??? I'm thinking an 8" driver per door to handle those frequencies ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

9 hours ago, White Lightning said:

what year Tahoe do you have ??? I'm thinking an 8" driver per door to handle those frequencies ...

2003… but I'm not looking to do a bunch of modification to the interior.

Currently my sub amp rack is installed behind the driver’s rear plastic panel and my mid and high amp rack is under my console where the factory 6.5 sub enclosure used to be and my mids and highs are in the factory locations. Besides the moderately sized sub box in the back it is a pretty stealth install.

If I can beef up my midbass by using the space below the 2nd row seats where I had the 10” subs that would be my preference.

13 hours ago, CONKLE73 said:

Ok... so how about replacing the 10s I had under the seat with 2 10" midbass drivers to handle from say 85hz to 250hz?

Bear in mind your mid bass driver selection if you go that route, most of these drivers are designed to work in an infinite baffle setup not small sealed boxes.

15 hours ago, ckeeler11 said:

Also midbass frequencies are directional so if you put them behind you it will sound like voices are in the back, unless you eq the shit out of it.

I'll probably cross it over with a low pass about 200-250hz and high pass about 80hz...

All i really want out of them is the upper end of the bass spectrum...

I'll let the front door mids handle everything else.

Archived