Sundown Audio

orion xtr and hcca amps 2015 and newer models

ssmokeyy

Morning guys and gals,

I just ordered 2 brand new alpine x series 12's. Shit deal is they only come dual 4. So now I need to change my amp. SO I have to options here. I have one alpine mrp-m1000 amp now and could get another one for $130 bucks or I Have been looking at some used amps and the orion xtr and hcca line.   I have seen bench test of the xtr 2500.1dz seems good but to much power for these subs maybe. So really the amps that seem to fit my power range is the xtr 1500.1dz and the hcca1500.2  Whats the difference between the xtr and hcca lines Also how underrated is the hcca 1500.2 ? I have never had an hcca amp but have always wanted one. I have used kicker zx, alpine pdx black line , rf around 8 models over the years, dei orion chrome amp it was ok, ed nine.1 miss that amp, arc audio.  Budget for this amp is $350 maxx   I was thinking sundown and soundqubed but after seeing a bench test by big d showing a hcca killing a sundown amp I have been thinking more about the orion.

4 hours ago, ssmokeyy said:

Are these orion amps that bad that no one has used them?

Orion is good. Xtr and hcca are quality. My only issue with them is the plastic bass knob, the plastic end caps, and the subsonic filter only being able to be set at 25 Hertz. Other than that the quality boards and you can wire the hcca line down

Archived