5k - 7k rms wiring

12 hours ago, Twonnie said:

you think a 240 with 45 ah limitless lithium and XS d7500 under the hood would do?

I have a buddy running a 240 amp alt  in a small Nissan and he's running  125 amp hours of lithium clamping 7k. I ran a 5k set up in my Maxima with 300ah of AGM and a 270 amp alt @.5 and my voltage would tightrope 12.0-12.2. @7k you're pulling 700+amps. Do the math. You need more reserve. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Twonnie said:

"Up to 8,500w at 12v with 300a of available charging. Equivalent to (4) 100ah AGM batteries" is what they claim

You're not running 8500 Watts off of 400ah of AGM batteries. That's just 3 xp3000's and a starter battery... Exactly what I just put in my Lincoln Navigator with a singer 320. I'll be good for about 6k total watching my voltage. I wouldn't dare try  to run 8K off of 3 rear batteries and a front battery. Man they'll tell you anything to sell you some s***. 

18 hours ago, Ron36 said:

, Fuse the front on the way to the rear so one run has 2 fuses , also I like running a cable from Alt to rear batteries fuse twice 

Ok, what size fuses do you use for your supply? I guess what Im most concerned with is the grounds. The lithium battery has 8 spots for (+) and (-). On the positive side that will be 2 spots for charging, 2 for mids + highs, and 4 for the bass amp. I'm unsure of what needs its own ground and what should be grounded to the battery

7 hours ago, DiBo said:

You're not running 8500 Watts off of 400ah of AGM batteries. That's just 3 xp3000's and a starter battery... Exactly what I just put in my Lincoln Navigator with a singer 320. I'll be good for about 6k total watching my voltage. I wouldn't dare try  to run 8K off of 3 rear batteries and a front battery. Man they'll tell you anything to sell you some s***. 

Good point. I've still got a lot to learn and I did consider just buying a bunch of agms. Its just the weight that will kill my ride man. I didnt come into this expecting to get 8500w daily. What I'm looking to do is get my two 15's moving, some mids and highs that can keep up, and not have to worry so much about my voltage, on somewhat of a budget. ?

7 minutes ago, Twonnie said:

Good point. I've still got a lot to learn and I did consider just buying a bunch of agms. Its just the weight that will kill my ride man. I didnt come into this expecting to get 8500w daily. What I'm looking to do is get my two 15's moving, some mids and highs that can keep up, and not have to worry so much about my voltage, on somewhat of a budget. " src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/emojione/assets/3.1/png/64/1f606.png">

You'll be good for 2-15's on 5k imo. I put 2k rms to a fi Team 15 and was good. It could've taken double. My point is unless you're running some 4-5k Subs... 5k RMS is plenty. Grab that battery combo and be good for about 6k. 

Soo I still need some advice about my grounds. There's plenty of meat to bite into in my trunk area and I have plenty of wire / lugs on the way. I know in the car audio world there are a lot of things that can go by a simple rule of thumb. From what I've read around it seems for every power wire there should be a ground wire of equal size running to a nice chunk of metal. Please correct me if I'm wrong though

No such thing as to many grounds ,  I Ran separate grounds to every battery and every amp they are tied together through the body.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Probably over 10,got 6 batteries , 4 amps plus big 3, some are on body some on frame.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

• 3 weeks later...

Make sure you run a big ground wire from alternator casing to battery neg.   From what iv been reading it should be the BIG 4 and that should be included. 

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

Archived