Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer, please read.

BassMunky

Breaking subs in?   

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you really have to break in subs? If soo please expain on both

• Yes
    • No

My other question is it either cause the soft parts are new or cause I never play a low bass note yet?   My voltage doesn't drop as low as before when I had how the original subs did. Same setup and everything.  It dropped to high 11 with the old subs and with the new recone same sun otf drop to low 13 for now. It the same wired to 1 ohm load.

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

9 minutes ago, BassMunky said:

My other question is it either cause the soft parts are new or cause I never play a low bass note yet?   My voltage doesn't drop as low as before when I had how the original subs did. Same setup and everything.  It dropped to high 11 with the old subs and with the new recone same sun otf drop to low 13 for now. It the same wired to 1 ohm load.

You're old coils were probably causing distortion. Clipping causes voltage drop

I’ve always plugged them in and let them rip. Never blown a good sub but blown many shitty subs. Good thread.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived