Sonic Electronix

On 11/3/2018 at 3:10 PM, White Lightning said:

Guess it all depends on what model you get because I have absolutely no problems like this with my Kenwood. 

In fact, the more I get on the volume, the cleaner and more dynamic it performs.

Yeah could probably be model specific, fwiw they are very good units and i don't see many come back often, not this year anyway.

Which model kenwood do you have & which features do you have turned on? 

A couple of years ago i had to attend kenwood's training and they talked about certain things that when used on (bass boost/bass extend/loudness/stage eq ect) may cause a lower clipping point because the internal dac further eq's the signal. 

One of my first headunits was a single din pioneer and it had a setting just like that. What it means is that if you were to use the EQ at all on the headunit and let's say you had the bass set to wide, it would boost or lower the frequencies in a wide range verses if it was set to narrow it would only adjust a smaller amount of frequencies. 

I would leave it at standard and not recommend boosting anything unless you have a DD1 to make sure you don't start clipping the living hell out of your amp and speakers.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

8 hours ago, slowfkncar said:

Yeah could probably be model specific, fwiw they are very good units and i don't see many come back often, not this year anyway.

Which model kenwood do you have & which features do you have turned on? 

A couple of years ago i had to attend kenwood's training and they talked about certain things that when used on (bass boost/bass extend/loudness/stage eq ect) may cause a lower clipping point because the internal dac further eq's the signal. 

The op in this thread has a JVC.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

14 hours ago, White Lightning said:

The op in this thread has a JVC.

I should have been a little more clear, this is about jvc/kenwood products as they use the same chipsets and are owned by the same company since 2017. Same wire harness,same firmware extensions ect. 

Anyways, it is a subjective setting and really up to the op, just putting in my humble 2c is all.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived