Sonic Electronix

New to the site, I’ve searched the forum and I can’t find an answer to my specific question. I have an 02 Tahoe with a factory amp (non Bose). I will be installing a head unit, new mids/highs in all four doors on an aftermarket 4channel amp. My question is, can I just use the factory harness for power, accessory and ground for the head unit and leave the plug that goes to the amp unplugged and just run new wires to each door from my 4 channel? If I totally disconnect or remove the factory amp will that cause any problems with anything else? I hope my question makes sense. Thanks

You talking about the head unit having a voltage meter? It doesn’t. I will have a separate voltage meter though. Basically I just wanted to know if I could take this factory amp out without it causing any issues with anything else in the truck. Thanks for the reply. 

18 minutes ago, slowfkncar said:

Also something to consider, if your unit has a voltage meter it will not show battery voltage accurately unless you run the 12v+(yellow) straight to the battery, with a fuse of course.

2 hours ago, burtmacklinfbi said:

You talking about the head unit having a voltage meter? It doesn’t. I will have a separate voltage meter though. Basically I just wanted to know if I could take this factory amp out without it causing any issues with anything else in the truck. Thanks for the reply. 

Should not have any issue's, just pull the two plugs & done. 

Archived