Sundown Audio

kicker kxa 2400.1 vs arc ks2500.1

ssmokeyy

With price being the same, warranty the same,  just wondering who would pick witch one? I like the kicker because it comes with shocwave tech built in.  Also there min 100 watts under rated. Newer 2017/2018 model

I like the arc because there made to the highest standard. I don't like that for the price u get a amp that seems to make it numbers at 14 volt but at 12 volt its about 100 watts less.  older 2012 model

The subs im using are the new alpine x series 12's running at 1 ohm.   I have been looking at all amps but I keep coming back to these amps.  I have looked at the Memphis viv2200.1 but there overrated big time. Orion xtr and hcca but no dealers around here so no warranty if I buy one. alpine x-a90m amps two of them. Same price as one bigger amp not sure about those amps no reviews or guts pictures.   What is every ones thoughts here on these amps?

I say if you run alpine drivers, run alpine amplifiers. I prefer one amp per driver anyways giving more stable power supply capabilities. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

if you use Kicker wiring you get an additional year of warranty if you're that worried about warranty

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

So,.. what is it your looking for exactly? You mention your running some alpine x's.  What amp do you have on them now? Or, are they sitting in your room,  or your going to order those soon also?   What the hell is "shockwave" tech

..you seem to like on the one kicker? The hell is that? I've never heard of it. A lame ass boost st 45 or wanna be make up low end circuitry,..some marketing ploy?

"Underrated by a min of a 100 watts" who said that, or where did you read that from?

The 1 or 200 watts here or there, on either,.. you want even notice in a daily rig.  Just sayin.  

What was the question again...???

A kicker dealer I know has been selling a lot of kxa amps and there isn't one box they have open that wasn't 100 underrated some were more. The point I was making I would loose less power running it at 1 ohm. Kicker said I could loose 10% of the power since the amp was made to run at 2 ohms. Shocwave is used to bring the low end back in older music that doesn't have a good low end.  

I know the arc audio is a great amp. That's what makes this so hard to pick witch one to use. I have the subs here they just got here last week. I was going to use a Memphis viv2200.1 but I changed my mind and wanted to use something else.    I'm just not sure about alpine amps at all. I love alpine decks and subs but the rest not sure about. 

Archived