Second Skin Audio

Help needed for ported box with 2 sundown 6.5 X

Impression

14 minutes ago, Impression said:

Hey Joe X can you redo this in 3/4 instead of 5/8?

i just did a box, designed by joe x for 2 CT Sounds meso 6.5s.  i used 5/8 for mine and a couple braces and it's rock solid.  why do you want to go 3/4?  having a hard time finding 5/8?  do what i did and use a couple 5/8 particle board project panels https://www.homedepot.com/p/5-8-in-x-2-ft-x-4-ft-Particle-Board-Project-Panel-1505302/204996444

i used 1 1/4" dowel rod for bracing, but your's being a slot port and double baffled, you could probably get away without the dowel bracing.  if you really wanted to (and the change to internal volume would be negligible) I'd say do on from inner face to inner port wall and one from top to bottom.  but again, your design looks pretty solid already

Build it already...............................But take some pics and post latter. Joe X does solid designs, have 2 boxes he designed and very happy with both. 

IMG_0512_zpshquirrvn.jpg

IMG_2301_zpspmz0e2gt.jpg

3 minutes ago, Impression said:

Wow those boxes are nice and from the quick response of Joe X I know I'm in good hands like Allstate

Thanks, they sound better than they look. 2 SQ HDS310's on 2k firing into the cab of my 03 Lancer's trunk. The other is color matched to the wife's White 2012 Malibu, RF T1D412" on 1k firing into the trunk.

2 hours ago, Impression said:

Hey Joe X can you redo this in 3/4 instead of 5/8?

Sure it can be done in 3/4" wood if you have that:

Power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 1 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide:

x65.jpg

2x6-5-SFPF.jpg

Archived