Looking for an effective way to implement hi-rez audio files.

So it has been established that I will be using my factory non-JBL head unit in my 2018 Tundra. I will be using JL Audio's TwK and FiX products to accomplish this. Next on my hit list is how to elegantly an effectively implement Flac playback. I am not an Apple fan boy and do not want go there. I was thinking a Hi-rez mobile player with the addition of a quality DAC unit like a Chord Mojo to go analog into the factory unit somehow. Possibly into the factory aux input if it will accept analog. I'm not a fan of streaming via Bluetooth either.  Have any of you SQ guys done something like this at all?

Sadly with that unit only apple products come to mind playing high res threw usb. And truthfully on those trucks the bt sounds better then the aux with an android. Now my s7 phone will stream both flac and midi files and both i can hear a difference over mp3 on those radios. Granted its a 15 tundra non jbl screen

I keep all my Muslc on my laptop. I transfer back and forth to my flash drives (Audio and video). No problems.

then again, I do have an aftermarket head unit. Good luck.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Thanks for the input guys. 

I will keep poking around and see what I can come up with. The thing that pisses me off with Bluetooth streaming is the notification sounds still come through. I use Neutron as a player on my S9+. Haven't messed with it too much. Mainly used it in the Corvette on my 80prs. 

Oh its simple. Set your phone to silent then connect it. No more notifications sounds while riding around. Also works to shut off the gps voice that tends to turn back on for no reason. 

I personally use samsung music player. I like it. 7band eq built in with a high res decompress so it stays high res

I'll have to mess around with it a little more than. Looks like I might have to invest in a bigger SD card if it works out ok. Do you know if one can plug an external SSD storage into aandroid tabet or phone's usb for more storage? Versus using an SD card. The sim comes out on the same tray as the SD in the S9.

Think I found a cure to my issue. A company called Beat-Sonic has a nav bypass and acv39  a/v input. I can now install that, plug the player or whatever into a high quality extrnal dac directly into the analog input. 

They also have a smart phone mirroring device that works through hdmi conversion.

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/partfinder/product/list/?Make=Toyota&Model=Tundra&Year=2018

Here is a link to all their offerings. Not the cheapest things in hind sight, but they seem to have the market locked down. None of the big guys have anything to offer.

Archived