Sonic Electronix

I am putting together a system and i need some advise from the experts,

Setup is as follows: HU Kenwood DDX 374BT, Rockford prime R 600.4D powering 2  Precision power P.65C2 component sets with the passive crossovers, Ct Sounds AT 900.1 powering a CT Strato 10 inch D2 in a sealed box its all mounted in a 2013 Ram 3500 not a lot of room to spare.

https://www.amazon.com/Precision-Power-P-65C2-Component-Speakers/dp/B01DTOTX1U/ref=nav_ya_signin?ie=UTF8&qid=1542077585&sr=8-5&keywords=precision+power+component+speakers&

I am looking to get a DSP to optimize my sound system and get the most out of it i am not looking to get super loud I just want to get high quality sound out of the listed equipment. What would you guys recommend ?  I am not too experienced or good at tuning my system so something simple and efficient. I am trying to soak as much knowledge as I can but it seems somewhat hard to learn it on my own without someone showing me the ropes of car audio. 

Welcome to the forum.

Setting the gains on your amps will be important to be done properly. HU EQ to flat, all other audio settings to 0 to start with. Read HU manual to help with the set up.

Have you thought about installing any sound deadening? Or are you just doing a speaker upgrade?  The FAST Ring system is cheap and easy to install, and there is always full on deadening the doors. It all really improves SQ.

Gain knowledge on the products you have before installing them. Have a plan from the start.

Stock electrical? 

Good battery under the hood?

i did buy a SMD DD-1 to have something to protect my speakers.

I do not have sound deadening im looking to have nice sound but dont want to sacrifice my door panels.

Yes it is stock electrical but its a diesel and have 2 batteries under the hood along with a 210 amp alternator i believe, I am doing a big 3 soon to help with some light dimming.

I kinda started my system with stock HU and the R600.4 and some skar midrange speakers and it kept growing from there but i feel like im not getting all my moneys worth of sound

I feel i have have a shitty build compared to most of the guys here lol. theres is little to no fabrication in my build, i wish i had skills like Mark from CAF 

i usually browse thru some of the builds to get ideas and see how i am supposed to do things and kinda keep evolving. 

I have been looking at the JL TWK 88 DSP for my system since I plan on having it for a long time, i just dont know if it will be worth the money for my small system

We all started somewhere. I like looking thru the small builds as well as the big ones.

The JL TWK 88 caught my attention when Steve did a video on it. Its  a expensive hobby if you get the bug.

10 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

We all started somewhere. I like looking thru the small builds as well as the big ones.

The JL TWK 88 caught my attention when Steve did a video on it. Its  a expensive hobby if you get the bug.

Well it seems like it got me, riding in a car with poor quality sound is the worst thing. For me is either sound system or racecar and those get pretty expensive too. It just is a little frustrating when you do not have all the tools you need or the know how to.

Archived