Sundown Audio

Difference between NS v4 and the Team sundown 15"

Hey everyone how's it going. Im new to this forum and came to ask if anyone here can tell me what the difference is between the Night shade V4 and the Team sundown 15"?? I'm looking to buy one of these subs. But I'm trying to figure out which one would be better. Now I've look at the specs of them both and the only real difference I can find is that the team is alot heavier and can handle 4000w this is the15" compared to the night shade which can handle 3000w also 15" . The night shade has the neo magnet the team does not. The price of the team is about $500 more. So my question is is the team really worth the extra $500?? And if all the specs are pretty much the same how does the team handle a 1000 more watts is it because it's way beefier?? Sorry for the rambling. Appreciate all feed back.

Side note 

The team has been discontinued.... Is this because the NS V4 not only has replaced the NS v3 but it may have replaced the Team sundown as well.

Im not a ton familiar with Sundown, as i am with a few other brands, but, the team is a 4" coil, vs a 3",.. for more thermal cap, and was WAS available with neo, or ferrite for a time. If you want one, im sure you could find either with a bit looking. I saw 3 neo teams for sale on a group just the other day. I have no idea when, or why or if, the TEAM has been discontinued, or just shelved for a bit.  If so, that is a little odd. Wonder why ?! dunno.... But.... what i do know, from my own eye balls and ears:

Ive had the pleasure of getting to hear some NSV4's, (John Nolte's rig) and, Im a fan. If i ran sundown, i would more than likely run the NSV4.  I feel, its a FANTASTIC driver. Has all the goods/wants, when im looking for a driver. From what ive read, and just seen, no personal experiance, the ZV5 is also beyond great. I wouldnt hesitate to run either. Both,  along with a few others, i think, are some of the best to be had these days. 

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

2 hours ago, Bigslick62 said:

Hey everyone how's it going. Im new to this forum and came to ask if anyone here can tell me what the difference is between the Night shade V4 and the Team sundown 15"?? I'm looking to buy one of these subs. But I'm trying to figure out which one would be better. Now I've look at the specs of them both and the only real difference I can find is that the team is alot heavier and can handle 4000w this is the15" compared to the night shade which can handle 3000w also 15" . The night shade has the neo magnet the team does not. The price of the team is about $500 more. So my question is is the team really worth the extra $500?? And if all the specs are pretty much the same how does the team handle a 1000 more watts is it because it's way beefier?? Sorry for the rambling. Appreciate all feed back.

Sid

e note 

The team has been discontinued.... Is this because the NS V4 not only has replaced the NS v3 but it may have replaced the Team sundown as well.

The team sundown is currently being redesigned to be the same style/design  as the NSV4s....I run 2 NSV4 18s in a 6th order with a sundown SCV7500 per and I'll say they're some of the best drivers I've ran 

NSV4 motor on the right Proto type Team on the left 

xUvuiw.jpg

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

1 hour ago, Kyblack76 said:

Im not a ton familiar with Sundown, as i am with a few other brands, but, the team is a 4" coil, vs a 3",.. for more thermal cap, and was WAS available with neo, or ferrite for a time. If you want one, im sure you could find either with a bit looking. I saw 3 neo teams for sale on a group just the other day. I have no idea when, or why or if, the TEAM has been discontinued, or just shelved for a bit.  If so, that is a little odd. Wonder why ?! dunno.... But.... what i do know, from my own eye balls and ears:

Ive had the pleasure of getting to hear some NSV4's, (John Nolte's rig) and, Im a fan. If i ran sundown, i would more than likely run the NSV4.  I feel, its a FANTASTIC driver. Has all the goods/wants, when im looking for a driver. From what ive read, and just seen, no personal experiance, the ZV5 is also beyond great. I wouldnt hesitate to run either. Both,  along with a few others, i think, are some of the best to be had these days. 

Thanks for the response. But to my understanding tho from what I read it's the 18" that has the 4" voice coil and the 12&15" have the 3" witch would be the same as the Nsv4. I could be wrong but it sounds like that in the read. And yes they do come with the neo magnet. They are called the team neo but those are even more expensive than the ferrite. Like an additional $500. And the Zv5 is what I'm running now but I just cooked it like 3 weeks ago that's why I'm looking for a new sub

All teams were 4in coil 

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest