Second Skin Audio

Hello!!! Advice on a BOX for Fi TEAM 18v2

Dragonsyph

Was trying to find a place online that builds boxes to your sub and are of high quality but I really can't find a place so I'm guessing I'll have to build my own box.  

This will be a single 18 in a Chevy Tahoe so plenty of room.   I'm not sure if sub up port back or both back is best.  And I'm assuming 1" MDF is best also?   Iv never been great at woodworking before. 

Overall Diameter is 18.5

Cutout Diameter 16.750

Mounting Depth 12.250

Driver displacement .26

Ported Box 5-8 cuft

So would a full 8 cub ported box be best if I have the room?  

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

3 hours ago, Dragonsyph said:

Was trying to find a place online that builds boxes to your sub and are of high quality but I really can't find a place so I'm guessing I'll have to build my own box.  

This will be a single 18 in a Chevy Tahoe so plenty of room.   I'm not sure if sub up port back or both back is best.  And I'm assuming 1" MDF is best also?   Iv never been great at woodworking before. 

Overall Diameter is 18.5

Cutout Diameter 16.750

Mounting Depth 12.250

Driver displacement .26

Ported Box 5-8 cuft

So would a full 8 cub ported box be best if I have the room?  

I'm familiar with Fi Team woofers. What kinda power are you gonna run? Lower power= bigger box. I usually split what they suggest myself. I'm in Las Vegas and I talk to a couple guys at Fi so I can get you a pretty good enclosure designed. Where are you located?

There are several people on this site and build and ship boxes, such as myself.  A box for an 18" can get expensive to ship though, so its going to depend on where you are located. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Ill be using a HCCA5000.1DV2  and i live in WA state.   Oh shit u live there too huh?  LOL.     Im year Yakima. 

On a side note,  that amp dynos from 7000-9000 watts when using 14.5 to 15v.   Since its rated at 5000 at 12.6v   .5 % THD.  

Is that much wattage gonna blow up my 4500 watt RMS sub?  

Ill be ordering all the wiring and new 370 amp alt along 1 extra bat and a bank of caps.    I just wanna get all these done before i order up the Sub, Amp, and Get a box made.   

I really wanted just a 1 18 set up again,  but alot of my buddys are telling me i should go with 2 15s which would go great with that 5k amp.    

I just love how 1 18 sounds and feels.   But iv never had  2 15s so i cant really compare.  

4 minutes ago, Joe X said:

So here is a suggestion for your reference in case you go the DIY route , power: to 5K, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 6", figure is just an assembly guide:

FI.jpg

bl18pic_zps12sbbhzw.jpg

Wow that looks pretty dope.  Thanks a ton.  I just might have to build it my self for the experience. 

4 hours ago, Dragonsyph said:

Wow that looks pretty dope.  Thanks a ton.  I just might have to build it my self for the experience. 

As long as you have the tools, building the box yourself is great learning experience.  

If you decide you would like to have one built for you just let me know, I've done boxes for several people in the Yakima area.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

10 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

As long as you have the tools, building the box yourself is great learning experience.  

If you decide you would like to have one built for you just let me know, I've done boxes for several people in the Yakima area.

Fuck ya this. I say try it. Do some wing spreading, and try it. Watch some vids, talk to  Triticum, and others,  find a buddy or family member that may know wood working,  and build that bitch yourself mate. I like when peeps do for themselves, and do some knowled gaining all the while. If you just cant, are not able,  have zero tools to do so, have home boy build ya one, take a space cruise (drive) and go get it,  and meet a cool cat, with a ton of knowledge. Good luck. Post pics of whatever road you venture on :)

Thanks everyone for all the help, this is why i love this site, everyone is super nice and helps.

For sure Kyblack and  Triticum

and If its not to much trouble you both could send me a Quote on how much you would charge for it done with shipping that would be great.

Always like having options.

I got 1 bat and wire so fare.  Plan to buy altenator next and then an extra bat or a power cell bank from XS power.  Then on to buying the new amp and sub and getting box made.

I use to have an SMD 18 with a single 2500 RF amp but well my ride was stolen about a year ago and iv missed the beats so much.  I can't wait for this plan to come together.  

Again thanks everyone and have a great day. 

I need to put the 45 cut peices in the corners right and round out the edges off the port for better flow ?? 

Would putting those in reduce the inside volume to much? 

And does own it matter were I cut the sub hole?  How many inches from left side ?  I know to center it from top to bottom 

Archived