Second Skin Audio

In need of help on subwoofers

DeepANDloud1211

On 11/25/2018 at 9:35 PM, slowfkncar said:

Not sure if i missed it but are you seriously using 4 gauge power to an sk3500.1? 

No, I upgraded to welding wire now. I upgraded my alternator from 110A to 370A got it from down4sounds for my Christmas present to my self lol. Got the big 3 in, 2 Sk3500.1 v2, and to top it off I sound proofed my trunk. Used 90mill, no rattle heard inside the car or outside. My girlfriend bought me 2 JL Audio w7’s 13.5’s and I will say when pushed, they pound and get pretty deep! But I did a lot to the car. And I’m pretty pumped for tomorrow, my custom box will be ready to be put in that I built for the Orion HCCA’s!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those Orion’s are gonna shit on those JL’s , can’t wait for pics

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

• 2 weeks later...

Everything is finished! Got the 250 amp alternator finally put in when I had time off. Got the sound deadening all in the trunk, just waiting for 2-3 more coates of rhino lining on the box for the Orion hcca's. I know the Orion's are gonna shit on the jl's are far as spl goes. I couldn't disconnect the wires from alt to battery and chassis. So what I did was double then up, but using 4ga wire. No lights dimming, deeper cleaner bass. The amp seems to be pushing alot cleaner power. 

11 hours ago, DeepANDloud1211 said:

Everything is finished! Got the 250 amp alternator finally put in when I had time off. Got the sound deadening all in the trunk, just waiting for 2-3 more coates of rhino lining on the box for the Orion hcca's. I know the Orion's are gonna shit on the jl's are far as spl goes. I couldn't disconnect the wires from alt to battery and chassis. So what I did was double then up, but using 4ga wire. No lights dimming, deeper cleaner bass. The amp seems to be pushing alot cleaner power. 

Post pics of your setup. I agree about the w7 subs not living up to the hype. I think when they came out finding a 1000 watt+ sub was uncommon and they look cool AF so people dubbed them the greatest ever but no lol. Cerwin Vega strokers were better in my opinion. Anyways... Sounds to me you're looking for a daily SPL type setup. You'll get that with the Orion's but they're not a favorite of mine either. The 12s do sound a lot better than the 15s imo. If for any reason you don't like the Orion's take a look at Sundown U series. They're musical and they pound. They also take more than 1500rms by a few hundred watts. They're clear, efficient, and they have an overall great sound. Good for future thought if Orion doesn't cut it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2019 at 9:29 AM, DiBo said:

Post pics of your setup. I agree about the w7 subs not living up to the hype. I think when they came out finding a 1000 watt+ sub was uncommon and they look cool AF so people dubbed them the greatest ever but no lol. Cerwin Vega strokers were better in my opinion. Anyways... Sounds to me you're looking for a daily SPL type setup. You'll get that with the Orion's but they're not a favorite of mine either. The 12s do sound a lot better than the 15s imo. If for any reason you don't like the Orion's take a look at Sundown U series. They're musical and they pound. They also take more than 1500rms by a few hundred watts. They're clear, efficient, and they have an overall great sound. Good for future thought if Orion doesn't cut it. 

If the Orion's dont fit me then I got another pair of subs I want to try. DB apocalypse sa412's. Heard nothing but good things about em

20 hours ago, DeepANDloud1211 said:

If the Orion's dont fit me then I got another pair of subs I want to try. DB apocalypse sa412's. Heard nothing but good things about em

Those are the shit! They take gobs of power and good sound for a 4" coil sub. I'm currently looking into 6-sa315s. On 4 aak-4000s. I have 6 sundown X12v2's I'm contemplating even using. I change shit up non stop lol. I'll be using the X12s but for how long is the question haha

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/27/2019 at 11:08 AM, DiBo said:

Those are the shit! They take gobs of power and good sound for a 4" coil sub. I'm currently looking into 6-sa315s. On 4 aak-4000s. I have 6 sundown X12v2's I'm contemplating even using. I change shit up non stop lol. I'll be using the X12s but for how long is the question haha

Lmao I'm the same way bro! I'm just waiting on my custom box for the Orion's. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2019 at 2:36 AM, Dragonsyph said:

Did u get a 250 or 370 alt?  And we’re the pics at?

370....ordered the box from werks autosound, it's been 7 months and they never reply except when I call and they say "oh ya, it's done...but never gets shipped" anyone else had an experience with these guys?!

Archived