I recently started to need a wheelchair  due to early onset rheumatoid disease. So my girl and I needed to get a wheelchair van, me being me I needed to add some thump. I installed everything myself, pioneer 2400watt 1 ohm stable mono amp, Bt head unit, and the sound ordinance B-24 dual 12” band pass box. Long story short, all it can handle is 500watts. Garbage. Looking to upgrade to a single 10 12 or 15 that can handle the whole 2400 watts but money is tight. I’m Glenn, and that’s what I’m working with, pics to come.

Welcome to SMD. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

so your amp, the GM-9601 does 1200 rms @ 1 ohm.  in the interest of a single sub setup there are a lot of options for a 1200w rms sub out there.

for a 10" - https://soundqubed.com/product/hds3-1-selection/ in dual 2 ohm config = $135

for a 12" - https://www.walmart.com/ip/American-Bass-XFL-1222-12-2-000-Watts-Max-Power-Dual-2-Ohm-XFL-Series-Car-Subwoofer/49664587 = $175

for a 15" - https://www.skaraudio.com/collections/evl-subwoofer-series/products/evl-15-inch-car-subwoofer?variant=28437500045 dual 2 ohm = $220

these are just some super quick options that will totally take the power you have on tap and love it.  there is always more shopping around to be done, I'm sure you could find these subs for cheaper.  let alone finding other options out there.  but for a budget system, any of those 3 subs have the power handling and proven reputation for being solid performers.

The biggest factor with any of these subs is going to be putting it in a proper enclosure.  I understand if your mobility is limited, no worries, but building a box may be a fun project to keep those motor skills going (if possible, rheumatism aint no joke).  Could also be a good couples project for you and your girl.  There are plenty of amazing box designers here on the forum that would be more than willing to help you out with a design for whichever sub you choose.  

Welcome to the forum bud, lets get you bumpin!

I’m from Minnesota. All my money goes to my healthcare needs and wheelchair maintenance. To be honest I’ve already used all my car audio budget. 

Im hoping somehow to either win new subs or anything or some caring basshead out there with some old working stuff I could use that they don’t use anymore. 

I know it seems maybe selfish, but I’m young, stuck in a wheelchair and can’t drive anymore. My system is what makes me smile and gives me the motivation to actually go out and enjoy life.

much love to all my fellow bass heads.

okay well i can't seem to make my photos small;l enough so this is what i have and have done.

1999 Ford E-350 super duty XL. fucking Huge to say the least

GMD9601 2400w 1 ohm stable Pioneer amp  AXXERA BT head unit

Have not touched the factory speakers yet (no dough)

The sound ordnance B-24 bandpass box, terribly weak subs in my opinion. Really i think Id rather have a ported box, the bass seems too hollow in the bandpass. Id like to push one powerful sub with everything the pioneer has.

So far I've run all my wiring and mounted the amp inside the van wall, other than the subs and head unit all you can see is the box in the van. My chair is big and takes up enough room that size is a factor. But the kids like the bump when we go out, it would make me happy if they had more leg room.

I will try and host some pictures somewhere to show it all.

11 hours ago, WheelchairBasshead said:

I’m from Minnesota. All my money goes to my healthcare needs and wheelchair maintenance. To be honest I’ve already used all my car audio budget. 

Im hoping somehow to either win new subs or anything or some caring basshead out there with some old working stuff I could use that they don’t use anymore. 

I know it seems maybe selfish, but I’m young, stuck in a wheelchair and can’t drive anymore. My system is what makes me smile and gives me the motivation to actually go out and enjoy life.

much love to all my fellow bass heads.

Wish I could help out, but my kids have practically cleaned out my equipment stash.

I’m tuned in brother !!! 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived