Second Skin Audio

DUAL Skar Audio ZVX-8

Dragonware

Has anyone ever run these in a truck  underseat with 2.0 cubic ft ported ? just wondering what your results were like and if you were happy 

My Build log :

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170934-dragonmobile-re-audio-2300rms-stealth-build-08-focus/

Current System

2020 Ford F-150 XLT Supercrew

Audio Control Epicenter

Audio Control LC7i

Taramp PRO 2.6 DSP

Taramp DS4x800 - Highs

Taramp HD3000.1  Mids

Taramp MD5000.1 Bass

8 x DS18 6.5 Pro x6m - mids 

2 x Soundsteam SST-05 Bullet Tweeter

2 x DS18 TW220 Super Tweeters

4 X SkarAudio EVL-8  BASS

Big 3 

Yellow Top

i just ran into issues trying to use a similar 8 under the back seat of a supercab.  

here's where youll have problems: 

1.  box height will not be tall enough to accomodate the bottom of the magnet/backplate when you include material. (this is going to be the killer.  trust me.  you're only options are buying/making a seat lift bracket or going with smaller subs)

2.  recommended ported box is 1.25 cu ft PER sub.  you're already 0.5 cu ft down on space before you even begin, and that's not accounting for port or sub displacement.  that will severely impact performance

I ended up making an enclosure for 2 6.5" subs and it came out awesome.  now the guy i made it for isnt looking to flex his cab or anything, just make the music better.

if you wanted to do something similar, you could probably do a box with about 6 6.5" subs and port under that seat  (the massive audio Hippo 6.5 is a proven performer, and at a good price).

Food for thought bud.  Good luck! 

5 minutes ago, bmwking said:

i just ran into issues trying to use a similar 8 under the back seat of a supercab.  

here's where youll have problems: 

1.  box height will not be tall enough to accomodate the bottom of the magnet/backplate when you include material. (this is going to be the killer.  trust me.  you're only options are buying/making a seat lift bracket or going with smaller subs)

2.  recommended ported box is 1.25 cu ft PER sub.  you're already 0.5 cu ft down on space before you even begin, and that's not accounting for port or sub displacement.  that will severely impact performance

I ended up making an enclosure for 2 6.5" subs and it came out awesome.  now the guy i made it for isnt looking to flex his cab or anything, just make the music better.

if you wanted to do something similar, you could probably do a box with about 6 6.5" subs and port under that seat  (the massive audio Hippo 6.5 is a proven performer, and at a good price).

Food for thought bud.  Good luck! 

I actually have a seat lift. front height is 11.5 and rear 8.5 inches 

My Build log :

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170934-dragonmobile-re-audio-2300rms-stealth-build-08-focus/

Current System

2020 Ford F-150 XLT Supercrew

Audio Control Epicenter

Audio Control LC7i

Taramp PRO 2.6 DSP

Taramp DS4x800 - Highs

Taramp HD3000.1  Mids

Taramp MD5000.1 Bass

8 x DS18 6.5 Pro x6m - mids 

2 x Soundsteam SST-05 Bullet Tweeter

2 x DS18 TW220 Super Tweeters

4 X SkarAudio EVL-8  BASS

Big 3 

Yellow Top

1 hour ago, Dragonware said:

I actually have a seat lift. front height is 11.5 and rear 8.5 inches 

Personally I wouldn't waste my efforts on a pair of 8's (no matter what they claim)..... I'd try to increase cone and look for a way to load the port correctly so it'll be a one and done.

Something like this will let you pretty much put some decent power to the subs and if you choose Sa-10's it's a no-brainer... your limitations will be port area and knowing your equipment.

u5s9bK.jpg

You got the space, seat lift and all... I say use it. 

My .02

Back to lurking

Built that box for my truck , ran 2200RMS to it and it pounded

A55EDCAE-8ED0-47AC-94FD-C0839301EFC8.jpeg

00A82C79-520F-4393-AD2C-7D2BD8A860D3.jpeg

F1AE928C-6723-4F0E-AEA2-7FC3AF9E8DB0.jpeg

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived