Sonic Electronix

I started simple enough  I had a kicker amp and and ancient jl 10 with an old dual cd hd radio 

I have now upgraded to

pioneer nex 5000

skar audio 6x8 rpx

blaupunkt 7502  for the 6x8  (hey it was on sale!) the mtx road thunder was not getting it done

I started with 1 vd-10 in an old mtx thunder form  it was ok

jbl gtx 500  wired the skar to 2ohm and it was very nice.  that woofer really moves!

I have wired  the blaupunkt with 4 gauge cca  (I know!)

and the jbl with 4 gauge welding wire on a circuit breaker

I feel they jbl and skar are a good match

I bought an old kicker comp box for  another use that didnt work out, so I put the skar in the that and it really likes a  vented box, things  are feeling good  

I bought another  skar audio  vd-10 and put it  in another kicker box and even at 4 ohm on the jbl  at 350 its better! 

I tend to run my amp at fulll  for the highs and the sub filter all the way up    I let the pioneer cross it over and it seems to work nice

I was  wondering  would I be better to run a 1 ohm amp I figure about $180 or get  another jbl  I saw one used at the swap $40 with wiring another $30 and run 2 amps for the subs? 

I am very space challenged and those 2 boxes take more seat space than I wanted to give up.

also I  have not and really would like to avoid power upgrades so I am hoping to keep the current draw as low as is reasonable to expect.

I have been a little unsure about posting as this is a 1000 watt system and I am in not  invested  like the posts I read

I am older than dirt and just wanted to play with  the old tacoma

2003 pre runner single cab 2.7 , I added a super charger at 12 psi boost!  

SkarKicker2.JPG

On 11/23/2018 at 8:56 PM, XSVTOYZ said:
swap meets are great! got another gtx 500  dirt cheap
testing it for the past 2 days at 4 ohms and it works great!
got some 4g wire on order and a pair of splitters
no pass through on these amps,
I use a lc1? to control the bass ,so I went with 3 ft so no extra lengths or connections to hassle with 

yeah I know I am going to need a better alt and my battery is fairly new but going to get a premium one
but I needed to make a little bass now!

SkarKicker2.JPG

Archived