Sonic Electronix

Surprise trip to Sacramento...

In mid October my 27 yr old son Tyler stops by to say hi. My wife and him surprised me with the news that she got us a trip to Sacramento to go check out West Coast Car Audio and possible try to meet Steve Meade. I was Thrilled to take a trip to Cali with my son and check out the area.

My name is Brett B, i live in anchorage Alaska. 47 yr old car audio enthusiast that been a member for close to 7 yrs here on SMD. I have a half dozen small build logs on members builds. We try to vacation to California every couple years and in the past i have mentioned to the wife how cool it would be to meet Steve or check out his shop. A demo would be killer.

Being that i live in Anchorage there are not many, if any SPL or SQ shows. Population is about 360.000 people, we have 6 car audio shops and plenty of vehicles with bass in town but no shows. I have yet to hear any other system than the ones i have built.

My wife was supportive of the hobby and once i put a system in her 2012 Malibu she understood the meaning of a good SQ system. The Malibu is currently mine now that she has a 2017 Grand Cherokee TrailHawk. It has the Alpine 8.2" touch screen and 9 speaker system running 530 watts total from factory so she should be good for a bit. She does miss her bass though. She went from a T1D412" on 1K to a 8" stock sub on 200 watts.

We leave Wednesday morning and should be in Sacramento by 6 pm. We plan to head down to WCCA Thursday morning, i want some t-shirts and a piece of equipment to bring back with me. Anyone in the area available  for demos that would be awesome. Heading back to Anchorage early Sunday morning.

I just wanted share what a cool gift my wife gave us. She is a supportive loving wife and i thank her for the opportunity to have a trip with my son who also loves car audio. We both work road construction for half the year and then he does snow removal in the winter at nights so we don't get to spend much time together. This will be a great chance to hang out.  

Looking forward to the warmer weather.

Brett B

IMG_20181028_162221_zpsvy6v4se1.jpg

Great story hope U meet Steve  and have a great trip. 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Best of luck with your trip !!! Keep us posted !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

22 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

Best of luck with your trip !!! Keep us posted !!!

Thanks, i will. Always nice to get out of Alaska. even though weather wise is ok right now ,40+ and raining. No snow. 

Rad wife. I hope your lucky enough to get to visit the shop. They are stupid busy. Big time, with the holiday shit im sure. 

Spent one of the best nights of my life at that shop hanging out, playing ping pong, shooting the shit, kicking it, drooling over the honda, and Lexus builds, among all the others, (i have such a hard on for that Honda build, ive followed that for a long ass time) and also eye balling all the coolest gear in his "boneyard".

Really hope you catch em on a day you can visit, and hang out. Good luck Brett. Enjoy yourself mate. 

13 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

Thanks, i will. Always nice to get out of Alaska. even though weather wise is ok right now ,40+ and raining. No snow. 

I say the complete opposite. Its always nice to go to Alaska. You have the Moose's Tooth Pizza there. So good. 

Have fun on your trip, and I really hope you get to meet Steve.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

RF Power T1000 BDCP

RF Punch 400-4

2 P2D4 12's

Archived