Enough Electrical for my build?

Hi guys, so I have a question on my electrical and want to see what you guys think about it. If it's enough to safely and efficiently power my system. Here goes.

I have a blow thru box in the cab of my Silverado single cab with 2 15's DB Drive WDX K7. These are 3500 watts rms each. I have a CT Sounds 7000.1d which is supposed to make 7300 watts at 1 ohm. After rise and all that, I am wondering if it will make closer to 6800-7000, not sure, maybe less. The box is plenty big and I am hoping the rise isn't much. Ok for the electrical, I have on order a 370 amp alternator that will primarily run the audio. My stock 170 will run the truck electrical. I have been in contact with the maker of the alternator and he will help me isolate it. Got the dual bracket and belt already. Heres what im wondering. Is the 370 amp alternator and my limitless 45ah battery enough for this amp? I have always thought of it as 7000 watts rms...equals 700ah needed. The limitless is supposed to be like 4 100ah batteries. So 400ah from the limitless (I think) plus 370 ah at cruising speeds from the alt….770....should I be alright? Good enough electrical? What do you all think?

Thanks AlpineNut,

I had seen that video and the CT Sounds didn't do as well in that video as I thought it would. I know that Taylorfade tested it among others and it did well when wired down to .25 and rise up to .9. I am hoping my box and setup is big enough so that there is not much rise from 1ohm. I've read so much about rise and all the different views and opinions so theres no telling. I'm hoping that what I've read about larger boxes, nothing impeding the air flow, less resistance against the air, less rise. I know i'm probably not accurate with that, but I hope!

I couldn't pass up on that ct sounds 7k though, I got it off a friend who had 2 and never used one of them for half the price. Brand new and never installed.

On that video they had 2 extra xp3000's and d3400s. I have 2 d3400's up front and the limitless45 in rear next to box, so im thinking i'll have good enough juice.

Anyone think I need to do anything differently?

• 2 weeks later...

YOUR BOX DOES NOT DICTATE RISE. ITS NOT FUCKING BOX/ENCLOSURE RISE.

Tuning and power dictate.  (Maybe your looking for EFFICIENCY with "big box or whatever"

God. Box rise, needs to die. 

Impedance rise. 

And yes there is a huge huge monster difference 

Archived