Sundown Audio

Crossfire C7 3k Amp Dyno Test

WillistonAudioLabs

A while back, I tested several 3000-3500 watt Korean amps in a shootout. Since then I'm continually reminded of the amps I "forgot" to include. Heck, I tested what I could get my hands on at the time! Recently, Ethan P. from TheAmpLab.net contacted me about trying out a Crossfire C7 3k amp. He said I would be impressed. Was he right or wrong? Let's watch and find out!

Watch on YouTube

or embedded below:

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

Love our high volt 4k, it's been tough as nails. And heard nothing but raddness of 12v smashing of the 3k. Dope. 

Extremely happy with our xfire boards. Extremely. Badged or rated wrong or not, whatever. Cost per watt. Cost per watt, they hammer. Then, talk about relaibily. I'll put these boards against any [the 3k that put up damn fine number in your other vid] ... just my experience, and what I've seen at shows,  online, and such. Again, just me and my eyes. 

Yeah Boi! Crossfire uses S&I design and is build more like a 5kW amp (and should do 5kW certified if provided 14.4). Strong like bull.

I need to calculate the 4 ohm efficiency as the Nendo and DC were in the low 90's (94% IIRC)

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 9:02 AM, DiBo said:

Looks like my Apocalypse AAK-4000.1d. the crossfire has 2 extra toroids tho. Other than that it's the same board. 

Be interesting to see. I do know their 12k is a rebadged sound digital. The ones we opened had  SD stamped all over the internals. So, best of luck with that mate. 

49 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

Be interesting to see. I do know their 12k is a rebadged sound digital. The ones we opened had  SD stamped all over the internals. So, best of luck with that mate. 

Their Brazilian line is made by sound digital. Their Korean line is made by S&I. Mine plays music @.33 and had never protected. Best amp I've ever owned so I got the 5500.1d haha. Gonna grab another for 12k in the Navi

Also same board as the sundown scv4000d 

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

Archived