Second Skin Audio

How much gap do you leave for bed flex (blow through)

SMT

I've done a few blow throughs in the past( last one was 2005)but they have never been for a 4X4 truck before.

Usually I'd just leave maybe a1/8"- 1/4" gap around the outside box to the accordion boot, but I'm wondering if a truck that could be taken off road would need more gap due to possibly more bed flex. What do the pros recommend on this?

2017 Toyota Tundra extended cab. I am going to be running a single Fi 12" Neo SSD in 2 cube with 36" sq port 50" long(29hz) .2000-2200 watts going to it.

This piece is what will be going from inside of the cab to bed. 13"X18.25" (5.25" thick) into the enclosure thats in the bed (60" wide X 7.25" deep.)

thanks

s2ebkx.jpg

I went with 1/2" on mine. Granted, I"m not taking it off-road. Plus, I'll be removing the boot and welding on a C brace instead. Just worried about the boot tearing over the years. Good luck with this, I'm definitely curious to see how it turns out.

• 2 weeks later...

You should check out my build log. I installed a cut through on my Dakota with (4) 8's. Had a hell of a time installing the boot... had to do it twice, and going for round 3 with a different setup.

Archived