Second Skin Audio

Paeking near xmech with doors open

BMS

I have a box design 6 12's  ill be swapping them sometime but for now if i open up all the doors on my vehicle i hear a noise that sounds NOT like the coil is hitting the back plate but sounds like the spider is reaching its mechanical limit if im not mistaken. so does this mean that with the doors closed im likely close to the mechanical limits of is there a possibility i can push them significantly harder as long as i keep the doors shut? 

MY subsonics at 50 hz and im tuned at 28 It cuts out subsonic frequencys decently well not saying it it hits 14 hz at full tilt it wont bottom out haven't tried it but they move a lot if you get in the mid 10's but it seems to protect it ok but i usually Dont play below 22. my low passes are at 50 and 32hz

Well anyway i was playing a 28hz note when it happened so frequency isn't my issue All i was trying to get out of it is to know exactly how much the cabin is keeping the subs under control. My point was if with the doors open i am past the limits does that mean i am close to the limits with them shut or is there a possibility the cabin keeps them well under control and with the doors shut i may be able to play even louder than i am now? 

9 hours ago, BMS said:

MY subsonics at 50 hz and im tuned at 28 It cuts out subsonic frequencys decently well not saying it it hits 14 hz at full tilt it wont bottom out haven't tried it but they move a lot if you get in the mid 10's but it seems to protect it ok but i usually Dont play below 22. my low passes are at 50 and 32hz

If your subsonic was actually set at 50, you wouldnt be bottoming out at 28. And i doubt you have a low pass set to 32. Your subsonic is a high pass filter, so everything higher than the set frequency passes through and is played. The low pass is the opposite. So you have a LPF set at 50hz? And your subsonic set at 32?

For your original question, how would you push them harder? Bigger amps?

Archived