sub amp is blasting wide open/freaking out

smitty33

I have had my cab 1600.1 for a while and worked flawless. Let it sit for a while and turned it on and it and it was sending a full wide open signal to my subs at a 50-60 htz test tone. I unhooked the rca's and no change. I took the back plate off and nothing looks bad/burnt. I have good electrical (power and ground).  It just came out of nowhere.  Any ideas??

I had a scarily similar issue, had the thing mounted on an amp rack but fastened to the enclosure. It was an enclosure that I built while in recovery from a major stroke and my fabrication skills were lacking to say the least. The enclosure bracing internally came loose, just enough to cause some mad vibrations at higher levels. It (the amp) never complained until one day the same issue you're having arose... I was out of my head trying to understand why the amp was making what sounded like a weird 40-60hz tone at full volume and went to pull the amp and was ready to crack it open when it finally died and I saw this...

GVxPmIE.jpg

Anyways... the board had walked 1/8" out of the heatsink so I contacted CAB and shipped it off as it was still under warranty at that point. User error for sure on my part but happily in my case covered. 

You probably have some other issue hopefully. I just thought I'd throw that story out there, I ran that amp hard... .5, .67 and 1 ohm but it was my diminished fabrication skills and choice of mounting location that killed that amp.

I thought I had the thing built right but apparently while in recovery  building enclosures is not a good idea  

my amp was never mounted to my box but who knows  the board could of moved.  It is out of warranty anyways so I doubt they would do anything about it. Ill take the back plate off again and post pics soon.  it is weird how it worked perfect   then the next tine just freaked out and went full retard. It seems like the input board is messed up or the rca inputs are messed up cause it don't matter if the rca's are hooked up or not.

3 minutes ago, smitty33 said:

its a great amp.

It didn't even last a year, and your cool with it?  I'd not even say "decent" . Like your video. But, everyone is different for sure bro. 

Hey, to each thier own mate. Your happy,  all that matters. 

Prefer my board(s) to run, under hard pressure, daily, wired down, in the lanes, pushed hard,  for a tick longer than 11 months,  before shit goes down. And even then, the builder, would reply to me if. But, I feel ya. It was cost effective for ya. I feel ya. 

Its your world boss. 

so your here to make fun of my stuff? I get it.  I just wondered if anyone had any positive input.But you came here with your tiny dick in hand hating on me and that's fine.. Have a nice day. This is just my budget build. Shit happens and i know that. My 1000$ amp is sitting on the sidelines for something else.Your a hater. There everywhere online. Whooptie do.Difference is I don't hate on people for no reason. I have been in car audio for 17 years. To each their own.

Archived