Speaker placement help. Front stage.

aculous

Please note that this is only my observation and suggestions. Please remember, I’m just trying to help.

Your dash has a high hump you will have to overcome for a flat stage presence. I do not see how a dash pod setup would be feasible. With the A-Pilar’s, the dash, and the “oh shit” handles, you really do not have the space for an effective midrange driver up near the tweeters. 

My suggestion here would be similar to what I’ve done with the Avalanche and have a Large format stand alone tweeter on the A-Pilar’s. Left tweet on axis to the passenger’s left ear and the right tweet on axis to the driver’s right ear. Guestamating 3.5 feet of delay on the left. You have a large vehicle like I do so the stage presence should be up out on the hood and width just beyond your mirrors. 

I know you want a 3 way setup and not interested on installing a dash cover so I apologize that my suggestions are not matching up with the norm of what people today call Sound Quality. I will be glad to keep going if you wish ( I have ALOT more to add), or I can sit back, watch and learn. Your Choice Brother.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

53 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

Please note that this is only my observation and suggestions. Please remember, I’m just trying to help.

Your dash has a high hump you will have to overcome for a flat stage presence. I do not see how a dash pod setup would be feasible. With the A-Pilar’s, the dash, and the “oh shit” handles, you really do not have the space for an effective midrange driver up near the tweeters. 

My suggestion here would be similar to what I’ve done with the Avalanche and have a Large format stand alone tweeter on the A-Pilar’s. Left tweet on axis to the passenger’s left ear and the right tweet on axis to the driver’s right ear. Guestamating 3.5 feet of delay on the left. You have a large vehicle like I do so the stage presence should be up out on the hood and width just beyond your mirrors. 

I know you want a 3 way setup and not interested on installing a dash cover so I apologize that my suggestions are not matching up with the norm of what people today call Sound Quality. I will be glad to keep going if you wish ( I have ALOT more to add), or I can sit back, watch and learn. Your Choice Brother.

keep going man thats all good stuff, plus its me you ain't gonna hurt my feelings. I am not married to any one idea. Theres no real plan on this one hence asking for adivce. I just have a ton of drivers sitting around that I was going to try in other cars but didn't so I was thinking of what I could do with what I had on hand. 

And I am definitely not married to a 3-way setup either. To be honest I got rid of my helix processor because I didn't want to fuck with it as I am fucking with home audio crap so much it started to feel like a job. 

I had the idea last night of maybe run the 3" fountek full range as a tweeter on the apillar and then a larger format driver in the kick or the door. Thoughts? 

Lemme know what else you got! 

Archived